Matbe of No Interest to Anyone But Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matbe of No Interest to Anyone But Me

I'm coming to you on my brand-stinkin'-new MAC Mini! After nursing the old one along for months we decided it was time. Because I had all the add-ons already it wasn't too pricey.

I had the local independent MAC shop transfer all my stuff from the old one. I probably could have done it myself but this was easy and not too pricey and I know it's done right.

So far so good. It's MUCH faster! I've already updated several of my plug-ins and am chugging along. It's clearly way smarter than I am.

Dan

Good luck. I had two from work crap out. My wife's died as well as my brother's. My cheap ass ASUS keeps going despite abuse from everyone.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
      Good luck. I had two from work crap out. My wife's died as well as my brother's. My cheap ass ASUS keeps going despite abuse from everyone.
      I hear that. I am still running my own compile. the cooling static pressure needed for 3400mhz is a bit like hot rodding. 56000 hours and still running. I started making my own fans a few years ago. Can't even come close to buying what I machined up. This modern computer stuff is all young, my dad buys brands, I help him transfer stuff all the time. Building is not for everyone. I am sad Intel will not be making boards anymore. I am running one of the biggest winners in their history...it just might remain that way. We'll see.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 15, 2013, 08:10 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Are we talking about fruits?
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

New toys are always fun! Yea!!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Don't this new toy keep you out of the shop!
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Dan - Nope. This just lets me get on line when I want.

And Tom - Old MACs pretty much never die. The old one had just run out of brainpower and most MACs can't be upgraded so it was at the end of its useful life. It was still running fine but it couldn't stream vids very well, couldn't handle the new Yahoo system, etc, etc. This one has the Intel processor and should remain active for quite some time.

Dan

Comment

And WHY oh WHY did they put the "T" key next to the "Y" key!! Nasty trick for us non-typist guys.

Dan

Comment

I had to buy a new printer tonight. My old one kept getting slower and slower (kinda like me!), then the print head when over and never came back. Went through all the troubleshooting, same thing. All it would do is blink it's little lights at me. Oh well.

Comment

I find that after about 18-24 months, it's best to back up everything you want to save, and reformate the hard drive and reload the os and let it run all the updates then install your back up'd files.. it keep the computers fast...
                    most times they slow down because the drive has to hunt as everything is spaced so far apart.. And defrag is only a bandaid.
                    but that's the pc not apple, but I'm sure they update the os as much as Microsoft does..
                    I just finished a few weeks ago. fixing 2 lap tops and letting windows install all updates.. all 342 of them..
                    mines tons faster online but that's partly from dumping DSL

Comment

usually they "slow down" because the world keeps going faster, with more information, and the computer keeps chugging along at the old pace.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I told ya I was getting slower , Now I know why.

Comment

Working...
                        X