Just a Dumb Question While it' s Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a Dumb Question While it' s Slow

Just curious, are the floors in C3 and C4 Vetted fiberglass or steel ?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

68-82 are fiberglas.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      68-82 are fiberglas.
      I knew to dig at that. I have never seen fiberglass floors , corvette.
      Wikipedia:
      1976 models featured steel floor panels shielding the catalytic converter exhaust, weighed less than the previous fiberglass floor, and reduced interior noise levels. Horsepower rose to 180 hp (134 kW) for the base L-48 engine; 210 hp (157 kW) for the optional L-82. To further reduce cabin noise levels, cowl induction was dropped in favor of the air cleaner ducted over the radiator, picking up outside air from the front of the car, thus reducing wind turbulence at the base of the windshield. The hood was carried over with its cowl vent grille and induction system non-functional. The optional cast aluminum wheels were finally made available which reduced the unsprung weight of the car by 32 pounds. Nearly 15% of the cars were ordered with the new wheels at a cost of $299. A standard steel rim spare was used. This was the last year for optional white striped tires as 86% of the cars were being delivered with the optional white lettered tires.[11
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

oh, mine was a 74, pre-cat
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

1/2 of 75 and earlier are fiberglass; but it depends on what you consider floors.... the part under the seat, 75 1/2 and newer (designed 75L) is metal because of cats. However, the part behind the rear firewall where the battery is and the rear luggage area are all fiberglass no matter the year until 82
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 17, 2013, 03:58 PM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks guys. Any C4 guys can tell me what the floors are made of. Just wondering in casse I ever decide to jump ship. My partner at work brought in his Mid- America catalog and the support for the vette has got to be unparalleled
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
            X