Sunday Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Drive

So about noon today I called Shawn (THUNDERBIRD86) to see if he wanted to go for a ride, it's a nice day and I didn't feel like doing much I picked him up. We took off from his house and decided to head north and look for cars, we like to head up the highway and see whats for sale than take back roads home and look for abandon cars in yards, behind barns you know what I mean. Today Shawn had brought along his camera so I had pulled off the highway on to this gravel road and he wanted to take a couple pics of my car (it a turd you'll see) so he snaps a couple pictures than walks behind the car to snap another. While Shawn is behind the car I wind the lil 2.5 up to 3500rpm and drop the clutch (yes on a gravel road) it turned the tires than started wheel hoping to beat hell so I let off. By now we're laughing our butts off and Shawn hopes back in the car, I go to take off and the trans is stuck in second gear! So we head down the road creeping and realize that there is a truck stop up the road and I may be able to buy the tools I need to fix the car. We got to the truck stop and looked in the car, I had a 1/4 drive ratchet,a couple extension, and a 10mm socket. I also needed a torx bit, and a 14 or 15mm wrench. Luckily the truck stop sold a few tools and I bought a crescent wrench and the needed torx bit and driver. It took about 15 minutes to tear the console apart and figure out what happened, the wheel hopping caused a clip to fall off and the shifter linkage to fall out and tangle up together. I got everything apart and freed up but didn't have a cotter pin for the linkage but Shawn found some paper clips in the store and in no time we headed back on our little adventure. What a blast sometimes those little problems are the best part of sunday drives with a fellow car guy. I know everyone has a story like this, lets hear them. I'll have to have Shawn post the pics of todays fun.

Re: Sunday Drive

Here is the mighty Z14 (Z28 - 4cyl. = Z14)

Comment

If you are what you drive and you drive a primer camero what are you?

The repair kit

other needed shifter parts (I have a semi mullet and ate a corndog in a primer camero jealous)

truck next to us at the truck stop home made camper looks like a garage door

and the best find of the day a belvadere I think its a 67 but could be a 66 called could not get anser. It was a good and ryan (MORLEY) made some new freinds in the truck stop bathroom. just kidding

Comment

I want a 'Z-14' Camaro > :'( ;). ~OO6.

Comment

You should really think about wanting a Z-14 they sure don't have much pick-up! but they are still fun.

Comment

I've got some tuning parts for that L-4. I've got a pair of Offy Intakes,'an old Hunt Magneto,some Chrome dress-up crap,& a few 390-Holley's collecting dust. I also have a rebuilt(still in GM box....)Cylinder Head. So,yeah,I've got junk ;D! ~OO6.

Comment

Good story and pics ;D.Plymouth seems to need some love and care.

Comment

Working...
              X