Tremors Felt After Lambrecht Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremors Felt After Lambrecht Auction

Looking for a 57 chevy 4 door or wagon parts car .....now even the most swiss cheesed 57 is at 8 grand and UP !!

going to hit our buddy up in tuscon

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the price of old cars...except enthusiasts willing to pay whatever it takes to capture a piece of their youth.
    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
      There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the price of old cars...except enthusiasts willing to pay whatever it takes to capture a piece of their youth.
      Some people have more money than brains, and that is why some will pay millions for a 40 year old car.

Comment

should have done it 20 years back when we were messing with Mercurys

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
          Introducing Felonious & Assault....

They even brought me a bad-ass truck!
          Straight out of juvey!! And, don't ask them where they got the truck.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I went to an auction today by Vanderbrink, the same company that auctioned Lambrect. Prices were not bad - typical auction. Good rare stuff like an original paint 33 ford went high, like $33000, 32 Ford 2 door sedan, 4 banger, older restoration, $23000, 36 Cord phaeton project, 56000. A basket case Cord v8 engine with a rare factory supercharger for about $11,000. Junk went cheap. the guy had lots of old engines - an apparently running Buick straight 8 went for $90, I got a caddy flathead v8 for $50, a pontiac straight 8 flathead, and an olds straight 8 flathead, apperanty a runner, for $50 each, and a buick straight 8 with a spare block for $10.

Comment

I'm calling my insurance adjuster!! My cars just quadrupled in value!

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

1957 is a magic year , prices fall off in 58

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  1957 is a magic year , prices fall off in 58
                  So did sales.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    I'm calling my insurance adjuster!! My cars just quadrupled in value!
                    Ya know, I got mad.. contacted mine. Antique status means less miles.. I then went and looked at the book value from whatever fantasy world that comes from. Wow. At 26 years it is at half the value it sold as 26 years ago, and climbing...without the rare model number even taken into account. At this pace, 35 years will be the whole value again, looking worse than ever. Kinda like houses.. pretending not to be dead trees. Meanwhile, I was just thinking of the humble seven years I kept a total against all odd tin can going for something to do...and there is this little girl playing a roll in a harry potter movie gonna make more than a lambrecht auction at 7 years.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                      Looking for a 57 chevy 4 door or wagon parts car .....now even the most swiss cheesed 57 is at 8 grand and UP !!

going to hit our buddy up in tuscon
                      Spidey, this is of no help at all right now, buuuut......

A year-and-a-half-ago I saw a 4-door '57 wagon on a Chevy 4x4 chassis (no interior, no engine, no trans, no driveshafts) for sale down in Somerville, not too far from you. Body looked completely straight and shiny black.

It was for sale for like $4500.

I'd keep fishin'.... but if its rust free parts.... hit up Squirrel or Joe in Tucson. They love a challenge, lol...
                      Last edited by Caveman Tony; October 20, 2013, 06:38 AM.
                      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I'm in Albuquerque right now, probably good stuff around here, but I might not have time to look for it.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

why not pony up for the aftermarket frame, instead of the hunt..
                          it cost about what you will end up paying after buying the rust pyle and blasting,fixing,painting the 56 y/o frame

Comment

Yeah Tone ...it doesn't have to be rust free [LIKE THE NOMAD ] ..we just need a frame for the 57 flowerpot convertible
                            they bring big bucks ...if you flip em ...but the 57 isn't ever getting flipped .he has had his turquoise convert for 27 years ..the merc for 23 years ...his late father bought the flowerpot in 1991 and was stored in a friends garage , but the roof leaked and the right side of the body was destroyed , down to the frame

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                              why not pony up for the aftermarket frame, instead of the hunt..
                              it cost about what you will end up paying after buying the rust pyle and blasting,fixing,painting the 56 y/o frame

http://www.artmorrison.com/55-57chev.php
                              our buddy ron has a morrison frame ...the frame alone ended up costing 15 grand

Comment

Working...
                              X