Challenger lovers dream and nightmare all in one picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenger lovers dream and nightmare all in one picture

I stopped on the side of I-80 to snap these shots from the Omaha Auto Auction, still trying to find someone with an auction pass to get in there!

The very unfortunate news is that every vehicle sitting in bay at Council Bluffs received significant
    damage and will likely be bought back and sent t auction. The vehicle list includes (35) Dodge Challenger
    SRT8s. The damage to these vehicles is not dentless paint repair. The damage is significant and includes
    broken windshields and headlights. Most body panels will have to be replaced. Therefore these units will be
    re-classified as "Act of God, major transportation damage" and will be sold at auction.

There is nothing that can be done to recover a unit bought back. The vehicles are now on "Hail Storm" hold
    and awaiting Insurance Inspection and buy back. Obviously this is devastating news to those people waiting
    for one of the 35 Dodge Challengers that were effected. There is no avenue to replace these units as the
    production has been filled for the 2008 model year.

Please do not contact Sierra Mountain Express in Council Bluffs, to check the status of your vehicle. They are
    scrambling to catch up with the situation and everything is on hold waiting inspection. You can see the status of
    your vehicle in DealerConnect.

We apologize for this unfortunate situation.

DBC Distribution
    You can go to the gallery for full resolution shots, but I think all the damage is on the other side of the cars. It has to be, I guess there was some pretty bad damage.

My Boss told me his is on the transporter, and will be there Saturday, but the ones hit by hail were hit so badly that chrysler couldnt re sell them, there was 90+ mph winds with golf ball to tennis ball hail, and they litterally shredded the cars like swiss cheese. Tore through the interior, the seats, dashes, and the door pannels were torn off one of them, thats how severe the damage was. They are gonna get the guts stripped outa them, and crushed. Im gonna talk with the transporter driver saturday, and check out his cell phone camera pixs."
    Full gallery - http://www.1320video.com/gallery/TotaledChallengers

Re: Challenger lovers dream and nightmare all in one picture

The road of life is bad enough..these poor pricks haven't even gotten off the Dealer's Lot :o :P ;D! I'm SURE there's LOTS of pee-o'd(Swedish ;D..)customers wait'n for their Cars. The overall econemy is bad enough,the Dealer's that are/were selling these things are taking a beating. It's the last thing those local Dealers need :-\ . ~OO6.

Comment

I remember a big hail damage sail in the early 80's from a storm that hit Omaha. You could get new cars for really low prices.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Let Foose get 'em & have Him build 'em into 'O8 'Newstalga-Challengers' :P :. ~OO6.

Comment

crush em

Comment

i read the part about where it said the damage must be on the other side.
            i didn't see even a broken windshied, or one dent.
            they really don't look that bad, i'd take one......
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Ill drive one...dents and tears and all....

Comment

Probably nothing a little bondo wont fix. I would take one too.

Comment

It'll buff out ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X