Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A General Observation

Did I ever say I love BangShift?

Sure I did. And did I ever thank Matt enough for getting me into the mix of things? Probably not enough.

I'm no veteran of a lot of forums, but I've looked around a little bit. At other sites, there are lots of folks posting things and comments that seem to be folks just not really being friends.

Like they've never met. Like they're just using a stick to stir an anthill out of amusement and perhaps in the quest of self-imposed personal superiority. Not like they're typing/talking to other human beings they've actually met or might meet.

We've got some of that here, but not much of it. Not a lot.

BS is cool, and I'm glad I've messed it up so much.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I doubt I'll meet anybody here, keep talking anyway. Real builders in a lot of threads. I tried making friends from the net, very awkward. Falsity of a front. I met one person from the net, bought an engine for 100 bucks. I am going to drive away with it. I suppose my problem is location. I am not at home. Not sure where that is actually.. and that does not need a stereotype of depressing. Bangshift is good, one does not have to have 3 cousins and an uncle to be happy here.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
      Bangshift is good, one does not have to have 3 cousins and an uncle to be happy here.
      True true and true Barry. And it's not impossible to mix and mingle, it just takes some forward effort. We'd love to meet you. You're a staple item on BS. When/where shall we do it? That's the BS way.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
        I came here with one goal in mind. That goal has never been met on any forum. What you are is basically a click that makes someone else money, and that's all you are.
        Huh? I'm stump dumb, so you need to splain that one Casper. I'm sorry, I seriously don't understand that one. Help me and everybody else here out with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
          Did I ever say I love BangShift?

Sure I did. And did I ever thank Matt enough for getting me into the mix of things? Probably not enough.

I'm no veteran of a lot of forums, but I've looked around a little bit. At other sites, there are lots of folks posting things and comments that seem to be folks just not really being friends.

Like they've never met. Like they're just using a stick to stir an anthill out of amusement and perhaps in the quest of self-imposed personal superiority. Not like they're typing/talking to other human beings they've actually met or might meet.

We've got some of that here, but not much of it. Not a lot.

BS is cool, and I'm glad I've messed it up so much.
          Other than your hatred of Seattle
          Your affinity for the South
          Your funny accent
          Your terrible taste in cars
          And your general badness because of your profession

other than those things - you're a great guy Pdub
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            Your funny accent

You'd be a great guy if you weren't a lawyer. Why'd you choose that profession? You could have been a gangster or something, but
            NOOOOOOOO, a lawyer.

Comment

True true and true Barry. And it's not impossible to mix and mingle, it just takes some forward effort. We'd love to meet you. You're a staple item on BS. When/where shall we do it? That's the BS way.
              I had always assumed loring landpseed would have a causal encounter.. but never made it there either. Very lack of hot rod is bangor maine. Or rally car, or even the diesel pickup enthusiast. I can count all the brighter enthusiastic builds on one hand, not easily forgotten. 199 miles is epping, 120 miles away is loring.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Huh? I'm stump dumb, so you need to splain that one Casper. I'm sorry, I seriously don't understand that one. Help me and everybody else here out with that one.
                Car selling troll. It didn't work on YB so he's here now.
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Go pound salt peewee.....only kidding I love your posts, your take on life.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I love BS too... I also love Pdub.. He makes things interesting.. Last weekend SUCKED BIG TIME for me, I got comfort in Weeville.. Thanks Pdub!

Comment

Your funny accent

This has got me thinking.....my memory is not near what it used to be, but I think SBG is revealing the content of a PM from years ago....and that by itself (revealing) is some sort of a sin.

All I think I said was, I hope I never have to go back to Seattle again, elst I'd kill myself at the prospect of it. That's all I think I said. In private. A harmless statement when taken by itself.

Comment

You'd be a great guy if you weren't a lawyer. Why'd you choose that profession? You could have been a gangster or something, but
                        NOOOOOOOO, a lawyer.

I don't like jail, so I picked a profession where most do a good job avoiding it.

Comment

This has got me thinking.....my memory is not near what it used to be, but I think SBG is revealing the content of a PM from years ago....and that by itself (revealing) is some sort of a sin.

All I think I said was, I hope I never have to go back to Seattle again, elst I'd kill myself at the prospect of it. That's all I think I said. In private. A harmless statement when taken by itself.
                          what makes you think I want to be here? In all honesty, though, I don't live in Sodom on the Sound.
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 21, 2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

what makes you think I want to be here? In all honesty, though, I don't live in Sodom on the Sound.
                            How about Gomorrah on the Gulf?
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                              How about Gomorrah on the Gulf?

honestly, I think it's a bit too much sharing about what you picked up last time you were in the South

Comment

Working...
                              X