New positon, new start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    I have been in 19 years 7 months. You can retire at 20 with liftime health coverage and 50% of you base pay as a retirement. If you qualify for more than 50% disability from the VA you will get paid for that as well. At my current rank I can stay until 24 years of active service. I will probably stick around until then. Its a job and a paycheck, thats hard to come by now.
    They won't give you full retirement and full disability, even if you are over 80%. 90% still means about $2k per month though. 100% is a bit of a jump. If you can work, they will try hard not to give you more than your retirement would be on its own.

When you get out let me know, I can give some insight about the VA and disability.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      its funny, those names still exsist. They called my Basic Traning Sq Disney Land...I had to think about what you were talking about for a moment as I had forget all about that....I had a blast at basic...enjoyed every damn minute of it...
      That one was 3743 when I was there in the 80s. Mine was 3703, right next the the back gate. Was yours near the shopette and bowling alley, or by the theater?

Comment

smart move Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
          That one was 3743 when I was there in the 80s. Mine was 3703, right next the the back gate. Was yours near the shopette and bowling alley, or by the theater?
          if I remeber right it was closest to nothing, the PT pad was jsut next to it and then there was a fence, a street and then a long row of billiting, the main road was just behind it...probably closer to the Shopette than anything esle...I want to say it was the 361st BMTS but I would have to look at my book at the house to be sure.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
          X