57 Olds Super 88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Olds Super 88

Hey STINEY, Caddy 500/TH400 would fit this very nicely..

That is sweet. I'd be tempted to leave the Olds motor just to be different.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I bet he'd have a better time selling it if he showed the rest of the front end parts... "very few missing parts" is sort of vague - if those are three parts, namely 2 fenders and a hood - it could be a major problem!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Anybody here old enough to remember the J-2 option on the 57 Olds?
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
          hmmm, 1957, my DAD was 14
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Tri power........my 348 had a similar setup
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Yep. We thought that was the rocket booster option, but well beyond the budget of anyone I knew. That was a lot of $$ back then.

I was 10.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                Tri power........my 348 had a similar setup
                That was probably a 280 horse?
                Last edited by Grumpy; October 24, 2013, 05:41 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Yep. We thought that was the rocket booster option, but well beyond the budget of anyone I knew. That was a lot of $$ back then.

I was 10.

Dan
                  A friend of mine's Grandma (they were Farmers) had a baby blue 57 Olds 4 door post with the J-2 option, she would park it in the garage all Winter and cover it up with quilts, I thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen!
                  sigpic

Comment

Great cars, even though the weight/horsepower ratio was about 24:1.......I was 11 in '57.......I loved every car I saw!!
                    Last edited by oletrux4evr; October 24, 2013, 06:50 AM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Cool cars. Friend has a 4-door stashed he picked up super cheap in 1988.....the garage finally fell down around it last year and we disinterred it.

That would look awesome in a deep pearl white color and some deep dish chrome wheels.
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Great cars, even though the weight/horsepower ratio was about 24:1.......I was 11 in '57.......I loved every car I saw!!
                        I was 8 in '57........and agree I was a car guy at an early age.
                        Loved 'em all.
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

neat car, I see a lot of rot tho.

There was a dude in the Pittsburgh area the last time I as home running an Olds motor with three dueces in a 32 ford highboy roadster...Had some really neat old vintage hot rod parts on it...those super rare, funky, huge chrome headlights you see from time to time...was light blue, with red rims, ford hubcaps with red rims...slick car...wish my camera did'nt die.....

But I digress...not enough of these Olds and Buicks being one...great looking cars IMO
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

If I had the shop done already, that would be coming up here, getting a 455 Olds/Th400, then getting the best paint job I could put on it. For only $1500, I would be all over that and hope the extra windshield is in good shape.

Had a 56 Buick Special and a 56 Century, both two door hardtop, sold them because I didnt have time to do anything with them. Non Chevy tri fives are easy to find, and relatively cheap in most places.

Comment

Working...
                            X