They paved my road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They paved my road!

My machinist called today with some amazing news...They are paving the road to my shop as we speak! No more vibratory demolition of my daily driver and no more dust clouds from the road, not to mention the surge in property value. I am stoked. Now I might be able to convince some of my suppliers to deliver direct! Kind of strange that I didn't get any advance warning, but who cares! And while I might miss the off road challenge once in a while, I can always find another dirt road to drive on in Pinon Hills.
    Attached Files
    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
    Bruce K Bridges

City and counties don't feel it necessary to fore warn public of street repairs. Cuts down on the whining before the trucks even get there.

I wish they would do the same to my street.

Be the first to mark the new asphalt with burnouts.
    Last edited by Scott Liggett; October 24, 2013, 10:48 AM.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott,
      Knowing my neighbors I wont be able to beat them to the punch with the burnouts... The old dirt road was a real bitch to drive down after a snow or rain so I cant complain about their timing. Its all good here!
      BKB
      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
        Kind of strange that I didn't get any advance warning, but who cares!
        Be thankful for that. Usually advance warning comes in the form of tax assessment!
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

You would now be considered "uppity" down here.
          sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Great news!
            one thing I hated about our last house - dirt road - sellers were crafty and told us it was scheduled to be paved within the year we bought it - more than 8 years later - it's still dirt. Sure do like our paved road at the new place!

I wouldn't be surprised if you get an unannounced increase in your taxes however.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

That was just done on the city street I park on. That does something for power lines too.. your machine shop will like it.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Our last house was on a paved road but the drive was a dirt/rock/ washed out drive. The best thing we ever did to that house was to pave the drive. That was instant gratification!

Congrats! I know your excitement.
                Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I've seen that before. Now all the people will come and there goes the neighborhood.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

You're assuming that the neighborhood was already "gone". Remember, they let BK move there!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      You're assuming that the neighborhood was already "gone". Remember, they let BK move there!

Dan
                      We let just about any one into the CA high desert...If they can stand it!
                      Most of the roads other than Phelan and Sheep Creek are dirt out here and have been for the duration, so this is a big time upgrade...I can see an iron gate going up on the feed road from the highway and a guard shack... When Hell freezes over... I think some of the neighbors are actually upset about the pavement. Its gonna wear on the knobbies as you head for the hills. Still insanely stoked!
                      BKB
                      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Last summer they "resurfaced" the street in front of my house. Brought these two giant burners and liquified the asphalt, respread it, then rolled it. I had to take pics. The roller driver had never seen it done either.Click image for larger version

Name:	big camera 610.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	873026Click image for larger version

Name:	big camera 611.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	873027Click image for larger version

Name:	big camera 613.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	873028

Comment

Originally posted by phitter67 View Post
                          Last summer they "resurfaced" the street in front of my house. Brought these two giant burners and liquified the asphalt, respread it, then rolled it. I had to take pics. The roller driver had never seen it done either.[ATTACH=CONFIG]25446[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25447[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25448[/ATTACH]
                          You sure Lightning McQueen wasn't pulling that rig?
                          BKB
                          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

I don't know how those trucks were geared, but you can see the drvers feet as he was walking beside the truck. I wanted to get out the hotdogs, the heat was intense!

Comment

Dirt road is enough for me to move on when buying a home. My friend lives on one and it ate his Chevy pick up alive. They still spread salt on them and it stays.

Comment

Working...
                              X