• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ncrc

Fine, I'm accused of it - so I'll do it

I have a Brother Laser printer in my office with this trouble code

"Replace Parts"

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Ah, the helpful trouble code. Most of the wear parts are built into the toner cartridge, so usually replacing that will clear a hardware error. the other regular one is the fuser. After that you're stuck calling someone familiar with that model.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
      Ah, the helpful trouble code. Most of the wear parts are built into the toner cartridge, so usually replacing that will clear a hardware error. the other regular one is the fuser. After that you're stuck calling someone familiar with that model.
      I have several brother printers - mostly because each time they say "replace parts" brother printers are on sale for half an epson or hp...

... and yes, shaking the cartridge/toner cartridge cleared the code (eventually)....

Comment

I didn't say you were NCRC, I said I didn't want to do it. The sad thing is you can buy a new printer for what the cartridge costs on a lot of them. My HP color laser has made it many years and probably 5000 sheets off the original cartridge. I will probably have a problem finding one, probably have to send it in to get it refilled.

Funny, my cars do the same thing. "Replace Parts" huh. "Check Engine" is almost as helpful. Yep, there it is. They might as well all say "Spend Money". On the printer, generally you replace the large white/beige printer looking thing. The replacement part comes in a great big box. The cool ones have a wireless network card.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Trees.....

That is all.
          I'm still learning

Comment

NSFW

trouble codes cleared
            Last edited by 68scott385; October 24, 2013, 04:10 PM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              Fine, I'm accused of it - so I'll do it

I have a Brother Laser printer in my office with this trouble code

"Replace Parts"

I'm trying to remember if I ever had one Brother printer or two, I think one.

I think one, and about halfway through the first ink dose the thing crapped out, leaving me thinking I should have bought the Sister printer instead of the Brother one. At least Sister would look better sitting there on the table dead as a grocery store mackeral.

And the printers must be getting smarter since way back then, but not yet totally smart. There wasn't even an error window back then. If there was one, it wouldn't have said, "Replace Parts." It would have said, "Replace Printer."
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

what is ncrc.
                cyclic reduincundancy cycling check check.

check this out. it is just as spiffy today. it goes a little crazy, like it didin windows 98.. but I got used to it.

date of article dec 26, 2001.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                  what is ncrc.
                  cyclic reduincundancy cycling check check.

check this out. it is just as spiffy today. it goes a little crazy, like it didin windows 98.. but I got used to it.

date of article dec 26, 2001.
                  not car related c***

Comment

speaking of non car related content, how's the FET doing ?

Oh yeah, shaking the toner cartridge could be good for 5 pages or 500. Depending on the model it could be as cheap as 20.00 for a replacement. I would imagine in your area finding somebody to refill it would be easy enough (economically and ecologically sound).
                    Last edited by Beagle; October 25, 2013, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      speaking of non car related content, how's the FET doing ?

Oh yeah, shaking the toner cartridge could be good for 5 pages or 500. Depending on the model it could be as cheap as 20.00 for a replacement. I would imagine in your area finding somebody to refill it would be easy enough (economically and ecologically sound).
                      because enviromentally and economically sound are ideals I live by?

Comment

because enviromentally and economically sound are ideals I live by?
                        all the tree huggin hippies around you might, and reduce reuse recycle should be their credo, right?

Comment

all the tree huggin hippies around you might, and reduce reuse recycle should be their credo, right?
                          F&&& em

I like Nature screaming as I roll over her in my Hummer
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 25, 2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

F&&& em

I like Nature screaming as I roll over her in my Hummer
                            I'm not saying you have to date the filthy buggers, just get them to refill the cartridge.

Comment

I'm not saying you have to date the filthy buggers, just get them to refill the cartridge.
                              that's how tree hugging starts, with one refilled cartridge.... I'll not risk it

Comment

Working...
                              X