Ncrc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Yeah the crosswalks will getcha every time!...
    Old timer climbed a tree for dad.. Topping a spar tree.. Once the top went, he leans back and rolls a ciggy and smokes it while the tree sways... His wife was with him and had never seen him top a tree before.. I had;)) the old timers used to ride the last logs 10 miles down the mountain to get to town from logging camps... Pre truck days.. Big chutes beside the roads or crossing the roads ..
    If you drive in the Columbia River Gorge (I-84) and look north between White Salmon and Stevenson, you'll see the remains of a log flume that ran from Carson to a mill just West of the cut-off to Trout Lake. It was used until the late 80s, now it's just bits you can still see attached to the hills - too bad they didn't preserve it; another 10 years and it'll be gone.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      If you drive in the Columbia River Gorge (I-84) and look north between White Salmon and Stevenson, you'll see the remains of a log flume that ran from Carson to a mill just West of the cut-off to Trout Lake. It was used until the late 80s, now it's just bits you can still see attached to the hills - too bad they didn't preserve it; another 10 years and it'll be gone.
      Pretty much all that is left is some posts in the ground that the chutes ran on, if that.. Gonna have to drive uo... Fall colors and all that hoohah...

Comment

Working...
      X