Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine of the weekend... Explorer mill ? Why not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    I've had good stuff rust to powder!
    Hope you find that rough diamond!
    You are close to Murfreesboro (dat how to spell?)
    A 12 year old dug for 2 hours, gave up, spied a shine, found a $60,000 rough 3 karat diamond... She was HAPPPPY!
    Wife and I are rock hounds.. Talk of going there and find enough to pay for the trip... Dreamers, the both of us!
    My grandpa was a rock hound as well - he lived in Death Valley and had a summer place in Quartzite AZ (he said it was for when it got too hot in Tecopa Hot Springs (Sanity avoids my family), CA
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

So if the top ends are the same which lower would make more power? HO has more dish than the explorer correct?
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        My grandpa was a rock hound as well - he lived in Death Valley and had a summer place in Quartzite AZ (he said it was for when it got too hot in Tecopa Hot Springs (Sanity avoids my family), CA

Quartzite is a weird little town. Not much more than two truck stops and two trailer parks. But, on weekends the desert turns white with motorhomes and nutballs eating pounds of dirt riding their bikes and atv's out there.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
          So if the top ends are the same which lower would make more power? HO has more dish than the explorer correct?
          Yes on the dish - but the Explorer piston sits lower in the deck by .005, compression is pretty close to the same (within .18 is my guess). Explorer has a lower tension ring package. I'd expect it to make just a bit more if they sealed equally.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
          X