Craigslist truck:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist truck:

Part of this ad made me laugh out loud... see if you can find the funny part.

I'm casually looking for a parts truck. That seems like the best way to do the swaps I want to do to mine to convert it to an automatic o/d. Buying the pieces one at a time would probably cost more than buying a parts truck. I'd need to switch the steering column, pedal assembly, transmission, cooler lines, cross member, drive shaft, perhaps even the dash cluster... and if it was a 350 truck, I may even ditch the 305.

Now that I think of it, it may make more sense to buy a truck the way I want it and sell mine as it is.

you don't have to switch the steering column if it's an automatic, you just have to move the cross member back and redrill, if you want the little dash plaque that has the 4 positions - LMC truck has it (it's just a little metal piece).

Cooler lines should work, driveshaft may need shortening....
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 26, 2013, 07:37 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That is funny.

I agree on the cross member, move it back and drill new holes, work for two swaps I've done.

About 1/2 way done the page is a picto-chart that lists all the different GM trans dimensions, may help in your swap. IDK
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

"runs strong when motor not frozen" lol "eligible for antique plates next year" lol

Comment

does florida wait for 30? seems appropriate, if that is even florida. sometimes craigslist itself is vague. Gainesville Saskatchewan? it could be frozen indeed. That is a useful list of transmissions 68scott385.. added to my favorites. The only thing the 400 foot pounds was missing in those was the .7 gear or taller as final. Really silly combo they shipped to the world, even the military was retarded with the gearing and those models. I remember one , the guy kept in the farm with low miles, just to haul horse shit around. Too slow to be safe on the road.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The whole deal is pretty silly, starting with the $1000 part. Never seen one of those with leather seats, either. I'm thinking genuine, synthetic, simulated Naugahyde.

I put a BBB in an '80 formerly Diesel - fit great and went like stink.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
              That is funny.

I agree on the cross member, move it back and drill new holes, work for two swaps I've done.

About 1/2 way done the page is a picto-chart that lists all the different GM trans dimensions, may help in your swap. IDK
              Thanks. No listings on the measurements of the SM465 Which is what's in my truck.

I already have the larger radiator (I kept it from the Blazer) which has the transmission cooler in it... most everything else automatic specific would need to be changed out or adapted.

Knowing this would have come in handy a few times:

Cooler lines

Warning Note: All except TH200C and TH2004R- which are opposite.

Top line of the transmission = in from the cooler
              Bottom line of the transmission = out to the cooler
              - and yes, that is Florida.
              Last edited by yellomalibu; October 26, 2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

heck, if you weren't a zillion miles from me - I'd send you a tilt, automatic GM truck column; I have a couple of them....
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  heck, if you weren't a zillion miles from me - I'd send you a tilt, automatic GM truck column; I have a couple of them....
                  I'll keep that in mind if it ever comes to it ... the 'yard around here wanted a hundred bucks for the column out of an automatic truck last time I asked. I'm sure with shipping and some money for the effort, yours would be cheaper than that.

- and "runs strong when not frozen" is what made me lol.
                  Last edited by yellomalibu; October 27, 2013, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X