Absolutely NCRC - The Shirt Standoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely NCRC - The Shirt Standoff

I've raced on the computer until I'm cross-eyed, wow that's fun, just gotta take a break.

There's a tale of a question that's been going on for years here at Weeville. I've been meaning to write it up, to see if it's entirely unique, or if maybe some other married guys have sort of splashed in the same pool.

It's a shirt. I'm a blue jean shorts and t-shirt guy, but I'm expected to wear what I call a "costume" to work. Khakis and a collar shirt. It goes with the job.

Sue Unit bought me a shirt about 10 years ago, she loves it. She says she loves he way it looks on me. Well, I don't love anything about the way that I look and I don't care, but she sure does love to dress me in this shirt.

She'll lay it out for me to put on and if I have a meeting with live people that day, I'll trade it for another one from the closet. Any other one.

I don't have a lot of self confidence to begin with, but if I'm actively thinking that I look even more ridiculous than ever, I can't concentrate on what's going on. Even less.

I've sworn to throw the shirt away, and she's sworn to keep it in the rotation. Like Grandma's flowery Victorian sofa.

Just wondering - are we Weevilians most especially messed up if this amounts to entertainment for us?

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2865.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	880758
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I'd sport that shirt with the loudest pair of plaid pants the thrift store has to work this Thursday.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      I've raced on the computer until I'm cross-eyed, wow that's fun, just gotta take a break.

There's a tale of a question that's been going on for years here at Weeville. I've been meaning to write it up, to see if it's entirely unique, or if maybe some other married guys have sort of splashed in the same pool.

It's a shirt. I'm a blue jean shorts and t-shirt guy, but I'm expected to wear what I call a "costume" to work. Khakis and a collar shirt. It goes with the job.

Sue Unit bought me a shirt about 10 years ago, she loves it. She says she loves he way it looks on me. Well, I don't love anything about the way that I look and I don't care, but she sure does love to dress me in this shirt.

She'll lay it out for me to put on and if I have a meeting with live people that day, I'll trade it for another one from the closet. Any other one.

I don't have a lot of self confidence to begin with, but if I'm actively thinking that I look even more ridiculous than ever, I can't concentrate on what's going on. Even less.

I've sworn to throw the shirt away, and she's sworn to keep it in the rotation. Like Grandma's flowery Victorian sofa.

Just wondering - are we Weevilians most especially messed up if this amounts to entertainment for us?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25485[/ATTACH]

it be a shame if some battery acid got on it. and was allowed to sit for a day, 2 washes and it be holy

Comment

Far be it for me to question Sue Unit's taste (though she DID pick you) but I'll say that shirt is NOT my cup of tea. If it makes her - um - romantic - I'd wear it on a date night. Of course, I'd wear a gunny sack if it turned my lady on.........

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Far be it for me to question Sue Unit's taste (though she DID pick you) but I'll say that shirt is NOT my cup of tea. If it makes her - um - romantic - I'd wear it on a date night. Of course, I'd wear a gunny sack if it turned my lady on.........

Dan
          We all gotta wear clown suits some time or the other in life..
          Looks like a date night, get some after type of shirt..

Me? i wear tan pocket tees and blue jeans everywhere I go! Might subsitute the tan shirt for a black one at a funeral.. Or if it is a snooty affair then a button up one.. It is a cold day in Hell when I wear something other than jeans, tan tees and sneakers..

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
            I'd sport that shirt with the loudest pair of plaid pants the thrift store has to work this Thursday.
            And an orange wig.

Comment

My wife's attributes do not include tasteful dress - so, unless it's a clever sweatshirt, my wife doesn't attempt to dress me. Perhaps you need to train your wife better?

(right now, I'm so glad Sueunit is far, far away - though it'll suck to be Pdub because he's going to be the closest male when she reads this)
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                My wife's attributes do not include tasteful dress - so, unless it's a clever sweatshirt, my wife doesn't attempt to dress me. Perhaps you need to train your wife better?

(right now, I'm so glad Sueunit is far, far away - though it'll suck to be Pdub because he's going to be the closest male when she reads this)
                Thanks guys, Unit's a good sport, and I told her I was going to post this and she approved. And actually she's already given me permission to throw the shirt away. Ten years later.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's amazing what a man will do to please a woman.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

There is only one fix for that shirt. Nothing a little gas and a match wouldn't fix.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                    X