Die cast collection's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die cast collection's

I posted a picture of my 6.0 I'm working on in another thread and some of the guy's asked about my collection of Diecast/Hotwheels and such. I haven't been actively buying much lately but will buy stuff when I see it. Like the camper I picked up on E-bay today.
    Anybody else collect them. If so post up.

Attached Files
    Retirement is better than I thought!

ive collected on and off since 1995, sold two complete collections, first one financed my move to AZ, second bought me the camera I use to take pics for BS. I still collect but its the HTF (hard to find) and rare stuff that I know I can sell and profit from, plus a I collect a few things that I like

Ive even been known to go to hot wheels conventions too

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Hot wheels

That's cool man! I went to a Hotwheels convention years ago when it was in Atlanta. Only had a few hrs because we were on our way to the Bahama's. My wife wasn't real happy about it. We almost missed our flight.
      I have pretty much stop collecting hotwheels and only pick up ones I think are cool and all the 67-72 Chevy truck stuff I can find. I guess mine will go to my son when I'm gone are maybe a grandson who knows. I hope I never have to sell them.

Comment

It's interesting the same little chotsky cabinets that would have Hummels and glass unicorns if girls owned them, have hot wheels if you are a guy.

I'm not a collector. I have bought hot wheels and such '65 Impalas and a few other models I came across that were cool. I don't keep them in the original packaging at all. I bought a copy of the American Graffitti Milner coupe I saw. The original ones have $100 asking prices.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have a pretty good collection of old and new stuff. Ive been buying toy cars since I was a kid and always kinda "saved" them so I have a lot from years ago. I just dont buy as many today because of space which they start to take over. I still get stuff I really like.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
            I have a pretty good collection of old and new stuff. Ive been buying toy cars since I was a kid and always kinda "saved" them so I have a lot from years ago. I just dont buy as many today because of space which they start to take over. I still get stuff I really like.
            A lot of mine were saved down in my parent's basement, and my own kids play with them now. They have a lot more than that, too, though--I started saving them in a gift box in my closet, with the goal of having 300 in the box by the time the oldest kid was three. When the big day came, there were 330. The pile was big enough that I had to ditch the gift box and put it in a rubbermaid container.

Comment

This is what I have in 1:18. The bulk of my collection was purchased by my parents when I was little guy. I haven't bought one in years.

It's funny to see some of you with the same Ikea glass case. I welded in extra shelves for more capacity.

The plastic 1:24/1:25 and Hot Wheels are stashed away in storage bins. Too much hassle to keep all of it "on display" when you're in a modest apartment.

Comment

Zachary (my kid) got all of mine. He had a large collection of his own as well until his mom went into purge mode.

Hey Darren, good to see you!
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Here are some of my display cases....The mirrored backs and acrylic construction makes them tough to photograph...

This one has a little bit of everything....

Time Wasters...
                  http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    Zachary (my kid) got all of mine. He had a large collection of his own as well until his mom went into purge mode.

Hey Darren, good to see you!
                    Likewise

And I here ya on the "stuff getting lost in splitsville"... my dad started the collection before my parents were divorced. I got "my cars" back a few years after that.

Luckily, my mom kept supplementing it with other cars as time passed. Actually, she's the one who got me started on Hot Wheels.... used to bring home a new Hot Wheels on pay-days when I was a youngin'.

Comment

Collections

Very nice guy's. Like seeing all the differant tastes of collecting. I really like the salt cars collection. Very nice keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Never seen those land speed cars before. Very cool. Too bad what happened to that Spirit of America.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have lots from when I was a kid. Also still collect but I must confess I do only buy Mopar & AMC stuff
                          Fabricator's Motto: Cut to fit, Beat into place.
                          Quando omni flunkus moritati
                          HRPT Long Hauler 2014

Comment

Joe, where'd you get the LSR cars? Freakin awesome!
                            Attached Files
                            STUGOTS

Comment

I don't know if I'm proud or embarassed of all this crap
                              Attached Files
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                              X