Scott Liggett finally has a garage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Liggett finally has a garage.

My new place has a garage. My very first. It's not big or fancy; but it's a place to work on the car out of the weather. And, my car can be inside.

It's just a one car but it's deep enough to get my big boat inside and have a work bench.

Here's the place and the garage I have to work with.

I have already christened it by doing some work on car in it. It works.

I have a big mess in there. No shelves or work bench, but my tools and spare are staying dry.

So, the first order of business to make a car work place. I bought a shelving system from Menards today. Needed to clean out the pile of parts in front of the car to build a work bench and shelves.

Tomorrow, the work continues.
    Last edited by Scott Liggett; October 26, 2013, 08:06 PM.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Where's the Caprice? Congrats on the new workspace....you're gonna love the garage when it keeps you from scraping frost on those cold mornings too......
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Where's the Caprice? Congrats on the new workspace....you're gonna love the garage when it keeps you from scraping frost on those cold mornings too......
      Getting a suntan outside.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Getting a suntan outside.
        LOL, same as my Camaro.......a real 'outdoorsman'......
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Good times!
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Congrats on the new place with the garage. You may want to figure a anchor to be able to use a come-along to pull a non- runner up the drive way.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

congrats on garage. I still borrow my dads limited space. Priceless to hear a howling maine northwest wind in December, January.. with a heater nearby and doing something as intricate as machining. Careful to avoid elbow banging..at least it is dry and warm. There is way to make small space work...if you have to.

I still keep welding outside. Did some in February last year. Big cold smoke cloud. Fastest quench in the world.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 26, 2013, 08:33 PM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

WOW and I thought my one car garage was small. You'll love it as at least it is INDOORS.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

My garage is even smaller than that but where there's a will there's a way. Just having one makes a huge difference though.
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Way to go Scott, congrats! I'dda never thought it in my own life, come around the curve, hit the remote control, and pull into the garage....that's just cool. Like Batman going into the Bat Cave. Neat stuff.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Here's the $64K question...How much can you do improvement-wise to the garage? In the way of semi-permanent cabinets, workbenches, shelving, lighting, and other general storage and work related necessities. I guess the root of the question is can you put a few well-placed screws in the walls or will that kill you/your deposit?
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

You can spackle the holes - no big deal.

Looks like a duplex - am I right? That can be a really nice deal. I have a propane heater with the "daisy" type of radiant element - works great. Now I have the big hanging heater I don't need it but I'm guessing shipping would not be cost effective. Anyhow, I can't recommend some sort of heating highly enough. I HATED working in a cold space.

Dan

Comment

Attic storage?

I know once I laid down some plywood on the rafters in mine, it made a world of difference.
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I'm with Dan on the heat.....especially in your part of the country.

I've got similar space for the '55 Chevy......looks like you've got plenty of room up front
                            for tool chest etc.
                            Just an idea.......you can position an air compressor on top of a standing wall cabinet....which works
                            well for storage.

Also looks like you've got an access panel to attic......storage.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I think he has an extra bedroom for storage, too.....but is afraid to use it for all the nice car parts for some unknown reason.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X