Watchin' the Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchin' the Steelers

...gettin' their collective butts ass-whipped again.

In the first quarter, the camera kept going to the Oakland Raiders' head coach every 30 seconds. The head coach. The talkers say he's 41 years old. He sure looks 20 to me.

How do you get there and be so young, and look so young? 41 years old and breast milk on his shirt.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I know the feeling well. Superman must have found a double dose of Kryptonite in Indianapolis last week because he's not doing well in his second home today.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Watching the Steelers this season is masochistic behavior. My team since I was a kid is the Chiefs is actually playing well enough to give their fans hope this season. We are all still waiting for the shoe to drop and them to fold up like a cheap lawn chair like the last 15 years.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I am truly amazed at how a team can be at the top of the heap one year then be gutter slugs the next. I understand how it works, just amazed that it does, must be my don't fix what ain't broke philosophy.

I do like to see teams that have not done so well for years have a good run for a couple years or more.

Comment

Usually, it's a lack of money that keeps a team down. Can't attract good talent. Fans stop filling the stands just makes things worse for the lack of money.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

it makes me sad....but, again, I lived thru Malone, Brister, Odonnel and awful players and awful seasons...I can live thru this.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I understand the bad local football team situation having grown up in Wisconsin in the 70’s and 80’s.

My parents would talk about the glory days of the Packers, I couldn’t comprehend it when I was a kid cuz they were SO BAD at that time.

It’s been fun rooting for the Packers since about 1993, the team has been on one a hell of a run for the last 20 years! My kids will only know about our local team being pretty damn good in their lifetime so far.:D

Downside is tickets are crazy expensive!
              Last edited by mike343sharpstick; October 28, 2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I get bummed when my Steelers lose. But then again, maybe us Steeler fans are a bit spoiled.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	sixsteelerlombardi.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	873106

Click image for larger version

Name:	steelers-super-bowl-rings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	873107
                Why yes, living in the past can be obnoxious.

Comment

Aint that the truth...people start running their mouths about their team and I hold up six fingers...I almost always get a hearty *uck you! lol!!
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Most weeks (years) it's sort of funny watching the ants try to take down the buffalo (as in, sack Ben). But they've been doing it quite regular and that's NOT fun to watch. Ben's not getting any younger, and he's bound to be in the whirlpool after every game this year.

But talk about a rapid descent - again, at least we're not Giants fans. Good gosh.

Comment

this deline was a long time coming. That O line was weak for 10 years it jsut happened to break this season. And the D is a little long in the tooth...it will be a rebuilding next couple years...thats okay...I can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        Aint that the truth...people start running their mouths about their team and I hold up six fingers...I almost always get a hearty *uck you! lol!!
                        Well, I guess 6 is a pretty good start

Comment

I have never understood stick and ball sports, or rather the obsession with watching sports. In my experience, I get bored watching... I have to be doing in order to have fun. I fell asleep at a NASCAR race... but that might have had something to do with the tail gating.

That being said, I am proud to be a fair-weather fan... the kind that cheers for the winners. I don't think losers/underdogs deserve a pat on the back, they need a "try harder, maybe next time". Therefore, this year I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan, at least so far. We'll see who wins the Super Bowl.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                            I have never understood stick and ball sports, or rather the obsession with watching sports. In my experience, I get bored watching... I have to be doing in order to have fun. I fell asleep at a NASCAR race... but that might have had something to do with the tail gating.

That being said, I am proud to be a fair-weather fan... the kind that cheers for the winners. I don't think losers/underdogs deserve a pat on the back, they need a "try harder, maybe next time". Therefore, this year I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan, at least so far. We'll see who wins the Super Bowl.

Ya know Gene, it's all about neurolinguistics, the words you choose to use.

Prove me wrong, but you'll never hear anybody, a coach or a quarterback, whoever, you'll never hear them say, "We played our very best today, played our hearts out, but we got beat anyhow." You don't hear that, and I don't think you will.
                            Last edited by pdub; October 28, 2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                              Ya know Gene, it's all about neurolinguistics, the words you choose to use.

Prove me wrong, but you'll never hear anybody, a coach or a quarterback, whoever, you'll never hear them say, "We played our very best today, played our hearts out, but we goy beat anyhow." You don't hear that, and I don't think you will.
                              This is absolutely right. You always hear what the teams' faults or weaknesses were. But when a team wins they always thank god for letting them win.

Comment

Working...
                              X