Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events

I am working on setting up a local event here in town for charity.
    Here's my thinking:
    car show from noon-6pm, burnout contest after and finishing off the day with flashlight drags.
    We will be raising $$ for the airport and a local charity.
    We are shooting for next summer and would like to hold the event at least twice per year.

Now with the question I am trying to find example waiver forms like drag strips have. If any of the Maxton guys or other such events can help out it would be much appreciated. Suggestions on how to obtain sponsors for small things like a set of tires to the winner of the b/o contest would be cool to.
    Carjunkie tv want exposure how about being a sponsor on events like this.

Thanks for all suggestions
    Steve

Re: Events

Obtaining a set of tires for the burnout contest should be the easiest part of the job. Pound the pavement (face to face contact with tire guys is a whole lot more productive than email and telephone) and check with local tire dealers. Let them know what the money raised will be used for and who it will benefit. Offer them advertising in exchange for the tires. If you remember to tell your announcer to pimp the burnout contest as the "John Smith Tire & Auto Burnout contest" rather than just the "burnout contest" your sponsor will get more exposure and they will definitely feel the love.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ron.
      Got the waiver typed out yesterday and just got back from dropping it off at a lawyer here in town. He is going to review it for free since it's for charitable purposes. Alot of good people have stepped up to the plate to help out. I know the guy that operates the airport and have already talked with him. Things are moving along alot faster than expected. 2 local cops have stepped up already and ALOT of firemen so we can have EMS on hand. Started working on fliers but don't have a name yet. Ideas?
      I'm located in NW Ohio right between FT. Wayne and Toledo if anyone is interested and will have dates if everything goes to plan in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Im interested if it would be on a weekend. Its only a couple hours away for me.

Comment

Thanks for the interest.
          We are shooting for one weekend a month during spring/summer. Please tell your friends.

Comment

Let me know when....I will come down for it....only a hour or so from you....

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
            X