Holy Smokes! What a save!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Smokes! What a save!

Incredible in-car footage of a super comp style dragster looping a 360 just after the 660' mark at Atco Raceway in New Jersey. Wowzer!

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Golly Ned. I wouldn't have guessed those little bicycle wheels could even steer the thing like that.

And the ambulance was already pulling out at the other end of the track when he got there. You sure don't see that every day. WOW!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'd need a new suit after a ride like that. Who'da thought one of those would go full circle without touching the walls.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
        Incredible in-car footage of a super comp style dragster looping a 360 just after the 660' mark at Atco Raceway in New Jersey. Wowzer!

Treed by about four months Ron.

"Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Yeah...well.... I guess I need to get out more often.
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Golly Ned. I wouldn't have guessed those little bicycle wheels could even steer the thing like that.
            More than steering with the "bicycle wheels" was involved. Replay Ron's short clip and at about the :12 sec mark you can hear the driver, Any Taub, whack the throttle to bring it around.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
              Yeah...well.... I guess I need to get out more often.
              Sorry, but I watched that vid way to many times to not remember it.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                More than steering with the "bicycle wheels" was involved. Replay Ron's short clip and at about the :12 sec mark you can hear the driver, Any Taub, whack the throttle to bring it around.
                Okay, I need to learn that move. When the rear view mirror becomes a forward view mirror, it's time for a radical trajectory adjustment. I might just need that someday, but don't y'all tell Unit about that.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  Okay, I need to learn that move. When the rear view mirror becomes a forward view mirror, it's time for a radical trajectory adjustment. I might just need that someday, but don't y'all tell Unit about that.
                  You mean you never had to make a "Felony U-ey"??? Lock wheel hard left.. (or right). Blip the throttle enough to fish tail a wee one and straighten as you go the other way... Throttling up as you change directions is reccomended....

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    You mean you never had to make a "Felony U-ey"??? Lock wheel hard left.. (or right). Blip the throttle enough to fish tail a wee one and straighten as you go the other way... Throttling up as you change directions is reccomended....
                    I think he's done it and killed some cones and they asked him not to do it any more.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Beagle;821228]I think he's done it and killed some cones and they asked him not to do it any more. [/QUOTE
                      Dat 'splains it!...

Comment

Working...
                      X