Stuff that scared the hell out of you as a kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    Any scarry movie, my uncle Carl and Bigfoot...in that order...although, Carl and Bigfoot were often times one in the same...he was a real ass.
    You uncle was a monster truck?
    58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Unsolved Mysteries and dark shadows. Watching either of them would lead to sleepless nights.
      58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

rain on Halloween ... I was terrified I wouldn't get to go trick or treating!

Speaking of which. One GD* trick or treater? ONE? WTF happened to Halloween?! I have seven pounds of candy!!!

Monica has the answer, she says we dress up and go door to door handing out candy.
        Last edited by Beagle; October 31, 2013, 06:07 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

ya know I did have a scare about strangers.. a routine was to let the cat out in the morning, it always came back in a hurry. One morning it did not, mom was upset. So, I am outside calling the cat, and this guy asks me if I want to drive and look for it. First instinct was anger.. "why the f*** would I do that?" (I was maybe ten or 11 years old). When I realized what scary situation that was, I ran in and told my mother. Not sure what came of it. I had long hair, skinny kid.. been a homophobe forever.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            Any scarry movie, my uncle Carl and Bigfoot...in that order...although, Carl and Bigfoot were often times one in the same...he was a real ass.
            I'm telling McTaggart to come visit one night unannounced.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark aired as a TV movie in 1973. Scared me so bad I went to sleep with the light on for nearly a year. If you read through the user reviews on IMDB, it scared the bejesus out of a lot of people my age.

Comment

One year run out of candy. Next year no one. This is no one year. 7pm and 1 family. Yikes
                Last edited by John Brewer; October 31, 2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
                  Hijack! I was trying to remember this movie and I could not. It sounded like something I would watch. Then it dawned on me that we did not get ABC at that time. (3 channels, no cable... HA!) I found it on Youtube and watched it. I can see why it scared people. Very depressing. Thankfully, we are beyond that now.

But in a strange way, I kind of miss the cold war. Is that weird?
                  I have had that same thought pattern. In those days at least we knew, or thought we knew, who the bad guys were. Now days it seems to come from every direction and from closer to home, not half a world away.
                  Last edited by 68scott385; October 31, 2013, 07:11 PM.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    Was raised in a semi-severe religious environment. Satan was everywhere. Place a key in Daniel 7, unimaginable horrors somehow result...and the F'n night-light on the wall would waver and make faces late at night or in dreams...Satan there too. Halloween, murders, nothin' compared.

Edit- love the previous post, Karb... that's great.
                    I tried to find some audio of the Mad Butcher laugh,but no dice. I did find lots of other folks on the internet that were scared shitless of the laugh though. It was bad scary I tell you.

All of these stories have been awesome,but the ones about Bigfoot brought an incident to mind. My aunt and uncle lived in Baton Rouge,La for a few years back in the 70's. One time when my parents and I went to visit them my dear first cousin informed me that Bigfoot had been sighted in the area. I slept in the bed with my cousin,and the bedroom window was on my side of the bed. I didn't sleep a wink for keeping an eye on the window all night long.
                    sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

That's an interesting story Loren. I'm not a deep enough thinker for that movie to scare me. It was very interesting to me because when I was stationed in Germany we trained the first battel of the next war. We knew they would kick the s*it out of us. The opposing force numbers were overwhelming. Our job was to slow them until the larger forces could be acctivated and brought to Europe. Exercises always ended with us firing our nuclear packages to stopped them. When I went back to work for the Goverenment as a civilian. Our stratgey had ghanged and nucs were not a part of the new thinking and the commander's options concerniing them changed drasticly. Now I see a clearer reasons for the change. The movie Phsyco was the scariest for me and still is. I had just come home from Korea and visiting with mt Mom she warned me about but the shower scene was scary. I had trouble with taking a shower as someone mentioned myself. We don't get trick or treaters in any place we lived for various reasons for the last 39 years.

Comment

my mom.

my therapist says that's normal though......

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                        X