Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the coolest new car you've ever owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar to the rule of Clarkson, Hammond and May, as soon as I buy a new car, it's no longer cool.

The only brand-new "performance" cars I (Bangshifting's ersatz "Rodney Dangerfield") ever bought were:

--an '86 Mustang SVO (which got ZERO respect on the street, and was forced off the road by an 18-wheeler), a
    --an '03 SVT Focus (which got ZERO respect everywhere, and actually was almost thrown out of an all-Ford cruise night), and
    -- a 2012 Mustang GT (which gets (and I suppose deserves) ZERO respect at DW).

On the other hand, our old Marauder -- which we bought used, and which isn't very quick or fast -- periodically gets pursued by big car fans who want to buy it (scares Mrs. Outsider almost to death when that happens).

The car world is a crazy, crazy place.

Comment

Only car yet worth it to try. Late model GTO's came pretty close, and the Marauder reboot almost got the nod once.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BangShift McT; November 11, 2013, 03:55 PM.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Casper Thats funny,I was the same way. When the 03 came out I had to have one. Mine went 12.6 the day after driving it off the lot and low 11s a few weeks later but I never really fell in love with the car.
        My favorite new car was my black 82 GT. I got to drive it off the showroom floor and that was a cool deal for a 16 year old. I was the only kid in high school with a new car and the girls liked it. Lotsa good times in that car.

But this was the coolest car I ever bought new. I had to sell it when my son got sick and I miss this car every day.

Comment

only have had 3 new vehicles
          first was a 1997 f-150 2wd 5.4 auto reg cab flare side box
          2) 04 z71 5.3 auto 4x4 reg cab short box fleetside
          3) 06 HHR 2.4ltr

close to new
          1985 t/a 16k on it. 305/5spd
          1986 monte SS 8700miles

most of my cool cars were very old when I got them..
          tho. the buick lesabre 3.8ltr turbo 2 door was a fun car..
          Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; November 12, 2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X