It's a sad day indeed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a sad day indeed.

Well, with the surgery tomorrow morning, and the Dr basically telling me it was going to fail, I've been selling off all of my parts, projects, and now my son has both of my trucks. So for the first time in 28 years I won't have at least 1 1965-72 Chevy truck in my possession along with some sort of hot rod or drag car. One whole side of the garage has been used for parts storage, and the other side was the Pro Street '67, so for the first time in our 20 year marriage, my wife will be able to park in the garage after my son takes the 67 to his place with his fiancé, and the parts have left. So if you guys don't see me on here for a while, I'm probably just going to checking in now and again. Keep up the great work on the site Brian and Chad, it's been a heck of a cool place to talk to people and benefit from their expertise.

Take care everybody, and keep the shiny side up.
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Prayers and hopes for the best for you and your family. Get well soon, Nik.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I've had lawyers tell me I was going to prison for things I didn't even do Nick. I'm still here.

Comment

It's not a matter of getting better, I know what my prognosis is with the disease they are doing the experimental surgery on, and now finding out the tremors and trouble walking is because of early onset Parkinson's Disease and not a side effect of all my medication just sealed the deal. I'm not bitter, but I am going to miss it. Plus, if I have another complication like I did last year that almost killed me, I don't want my wife to have to deal with figuring out what stuff is.
        Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Good vibes headed you way Nik.......best of luck
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

That sucks, Nik. Sending my best positive energy and I'll ask ME to add you to her prayer list. Some things just aren't fair.

Dan

Comment

Best of luck in your surgery..
              It just might be ok... In fact, I'm sure it is!
              Time will tell, I suppose.. You will be in my thoughts. Even tho I just heard of you recently.. I feel like I'm losing a friend the way you are talking.. I guess being prepared for the worst is better than not being prepared at all..
              Hang in there and check back in when possible.. We all care!

Comment

Like Bob said being prepared for the worst is better then not being prepared at all but my hopes and prayers are with you tomorrow and that the outcome will be far better then what you're expecting!
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Damn dude, way to stare fate in the face while standing up. I wish you the best tomorrow and onwards.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Don't know you or whats going on, but I hope the best for you man!

Comment

See you back on here soon man.

Comment

Nik, this is a car guy ( girl ) site not a car site. Don't drop out man. We love you. Praying for you too.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Hope your outcome is better than expected
                          FKA Redragtop
                          (formerly known as)

Comment

Our Thoughts and Prayers are with you Nik! Have Faith!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

that's hard news, sorry to hear it. I don't recall if you moved to Waco or not, but if so and you need anything, lemme know. I'm not far away from there (Hillsboro).
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X