Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The ADMIRAL wants to see me?!?!?!

Originally posted by Remy-Z
    Dan- Coins are medallions that commands, units, and particular high-ranking enlisted issue out to soldiers. Generally, it's considered a step above a simple "atta boy", but the cool thing is that each coin carries a rank. I've probably amassed about fifteen-twenty something, and the only way I can jump this particular coin is if the President himself hands one out. Some coins in particular, come engraved, they are planned in advance. The highest one of these I have is from a one-star from 1st Armored Division, with my name, unit, and this deployment etched into all three sides.

nice! you got a coin from one of the most powerful men in the world. not only did you meet him and talk with him but now he knows who you are. not everyone can put THAT on a resume, you know?

Comment

Yeah, pretty cool. And yes, I did tell him, though I made sure to mention her as "wife" instead of just "girlfriend".
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

LOL at your story . . . hope you don't mind me telling one of my own in your thread, but this stuff brings back memories LOL It's not often I run into people that understand what I'm talking about.

We had heard rumors of a surprise big shot "health and comfort inspection" in the enlisted barracks when I was in Norfolk, VA. Well, it was day after duty and I was whipped -- worked through the night before and went home at 2:00pm for a nap (had to get ready for Fri night on the town you know). Room was clean because we knew an inspection was coming, but it was freaking hot in Norfolk that day and the AC didn't work so I went to sleep on the floor, dirty uniform and all with the door wide open and a fan blowing on me.

Had been asleep for about an hour when from a dead sleep I hear "attention on deck" (which we NEVER said on a submarine, it was usually, "Good mornin' Cap'n") and I wake up to see Mr scrambled eggs standing over me. Just about had a heart attack, I jumped up with shirt untucked and grease all over my pants (I had been in a ballast tank chasing a ground).

The inspector was actually pretty nice after I completely woke up. He asked a few questions about the heating and cooling situation and went about his business. Guess I didn't need to tell him why I was asleep on the floor -- later I found out no one was supposed to be in the building and somehow I got in unnoticed.

Comment

Though there is another coin that can top the Chairman but under the president, SecDef. Still beats my expired SecAF coin.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Remy he was living through your story.... it's a vicarious sort of thing... Trust me he dug it....

Keith

Comment

Thanks guys for your service! I always admired anyone in the military, I thought about the Navy for awhile but other things came along. Congrats on the coin!

Comment

X2, proud of ya, bro.

Comment

Big pat on the back, congrats and thanks again for your service!

Comment

Way to go Remy. Impressing the big cheeses usually leads to promotions.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FORDGUY
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z
                      Dan- Coins are medallions that commands, units, and particular high-ranking enlisted issue out to soldiers. Generally, it's considered a step above a simple "atta boy", but the cool thing is that each coin carries a rank. I've probably amassed about fifteen-twenty something, and the only way I can jump this particular coin is if the President himself hands one out. Some coins in particular, come engraved, they are planned in advance. The highest one of these I have is from a one-star from 1st Armored Division, with my name, unit, and this deployment etched into all three sides.

nice! you got a coin from one of the most powerful men in the world. not only did you meet him and talk with him but now he knows who you are. not everyone can put THAT on a resume, you know?
                      aint that the truth...beats any of my coins an day

Comment

Dis da one?

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

That be him.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

You should see there faces when you give them your Coin. It blows their minds totally. It's usually a good thing when the Big Man wants to see you.

Comment

Working...
                            X