NCRC Breezeway honey do list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCRC Breezeway honey do list

Well here is what was here when I bought the place, pine tonque and groove blanks, and florida windows and not much else.
    Wife needs to smoke out here,instead of in house as doctors say the smoke is hurting my lungs more, so in will go new windows/doors/insulation and a skylight.
    And travertine tile floor :be:
    so while I'm making the floor solid so the tiles don't "pop" I'll pour concrete under the breezeway and make the crawl space 2.75'x8x8 useable storage, for say jack stands/jacks/engine cherry picker/etc

166 by [email protected], on Flickr

167 by [email protected], on Flickr

168 by [email protected], on Flickr

There was a drop ceiling here with those squares made of dust fibers, what a mess they make when taking them out..

169 by [email protected], on Flickr

Wall facing garage, That gray board is a fire stop fail . It's made of a material that's a bitch to get rid of, so it'll stay where it is, I'll glue the missing piece back in(hole)
    And adding cerment board under it.

179 by [email protected], on Flickr

180 by [email protected], on Flickr

Stylist floor, EH?

182 by [email protected], on Flickr

Because this was an add on to the house, they left the outside type light in the room. There is that, one outlet and 2 switches for outside lights(1 back/1 front) So I get to rewire it.
    move the front light as the new door takes up that spot, Figure out what to put in the back as it's a duel spot light type thing you'd find at a warehouse. move all the wire as the drop ceiling will not be returning, add 3 more outlets and 2 more switches (1 fan, 1 fan light). And install/wire in wall speakers.

186 by [email protected], on Flickr

When fuel was 25 cents a gallon, no insulation just 3" thick plaster

193 by [email protected], on Flickr

On the other side was this rats nest

195 by [email protected], on Flickr

To make removal easier I made a tic tac toe sqares

196 by [email protected], on Flickr

197 by [email protected], on Flickr

removed boards so I can pour the concrete

198 by [email protected], on Flickr

And because ,god forbid that stinking cat couldn't go on the breezeway, I had to waste time ,making a floor

200 by [email protected], on Flickr

201 by [email protected], on Flickr

best use of an engine cherry picker , had to remove boom after lifting, so mixer tub gear would clear

202 by [email protected], on Flickr

To keep from having to wheel barrel up ramps 50+ times, we brought the mixer to the rooms height
    that shead in background was my air compressor shed, wife didn't like it there, was easy to wall out garage door and let the water out the tank. but it got moved to other side.. the shed was to be taken down last spring, and lucky it wasn't as we are using it for storage of yard tools (rakes/shovels/etc) as I have the chop saw/tabl saw/etc set up in the greenhouse shed so I don't have to spend an hour setting up,taking down every day. it'll become fire wood later, but for now it'll stay.. I must say, automotive air tools work great demo'n air hammer made short work of the floor

203 by [email protected], on Flickr

Now for me to get to mixer and put concrete mix(bags) in it I made this platform using the old steps, a pallet and some milk crates, just need to add planks to stand on, instead of try'n to hold/pour 80 lb bags and dodging the holes in the pallets

So out garage door, up stairs onto pallet, and mix and dump.

207 by [email protected], on Flickr

tomorrow I get a 2x12x12 and make a ramp for the concrete to run down, the sides will be wood from a water bed..
    and if mother nature plays nice, Friday or sat. the floor will be poured, and then move to next part
    Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; November 7, 2013, 03:51 AM.

Nice project. You mentioned fan. Is this a traditional ceiling fan or.a bathroom type ventilation fan. If not the latter, it would be a great way to get the smoke out of there.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

You have your hands full there - hope the weather holds off for you.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
        You have your hands full there - hope the weather holds off for you.
        have a propane heater that I can keep the concrete warm with, just have to find an old valve to new tank valve adapter as the heater uses the older tank type valve, and is on the last old type tank with fuel in it..
        that's how much I've got to work in garage, that I still have an old bottle of propane. lol

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
          have a propane heater that I can keep the concrete warm with, just have to find an old valve to new tank valve adapter as the heater uses the older tank type valve, and is on the last old type tank with fuel in it..
          that's how much I've got to work in garage, that I still have an old bottle of propane. lol
          new tanks have male and female threads, and there's always HF for adapters. I've never seen anything that wouldn't fit a new tank, even the fitting for the propane at the lake (1960 or so) works.

if it's a big tank, they can inspect and put a new OPD valve in it.

I noticed the grocery stores / walmart / home-lowes are only putting 16lbs in the 20 pound tanks now. The UHaul here refills them at 3.00 / gallon. You'd still need the new valve for them to do it, but that's a trade-in away or a one time 45.00 hit for a new tank. Chump change to stay warm... more to the point, if that's how you plan on keeping mama warm!

You got more money than me, I would have rhino lined that bitch and tossed a throw rug on it! The woman of the house will still put up with shit like muffin fans and power supplies from computers feeding a dryer vent - smoke removal machine. I hope she never gets city-fied.
          Last edited by Beagle; November 7, 2013, 07:08 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

You got more money than me, I would have rhino lined that bitch and tossed a throw rug on it! The woman of the house will still put up with shit like muffin fans and power supplies from computers feeding a dryer vent - smoke removal machine. I hope she never gets city-fied.
            haha I don't have any money.. I worked overtime to pay for this little mess, it'll be about 500.oo to finish(have windows/doors) I need wife to smoke outside the house.. it's for my health, as she isn't ready to quit, she should, but that's another story.

Comment

Maybe she has a nice life insurance policy on you?

My wife will do most anything to keep me alive...........I have too many house projects 1/2 done for her to lose me now!
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

My wife will do most anything to keep me alive...........I have too many house projects 1/2 done for her to lose me now!
                For some reason, this popped into my head when I read what you wrote

One lazy Sunday morning the wife and I were quiet and thoughtful, sitting around the breakfast table when I said to her unexpectedly, “When I die, I want you to sell all my stuff, immediately.”“Now why would you want me to do something like that?” she asked.“I figure a woman as fine as yourself would eventually remarry and I don’t want some other asshole using my stuff.”She looked at me intently and said: “What makes you think I’d marry another asshole?”
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

she's gonna marry a dog? Every human I know is an asshole.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

haha, we have tons of "projects" started, some 3 years old, as we were redoing a bunch of stuff when I got ill..
                    but this has to be done.. using the oil filled electric heater again like last year will kill me with the electric bill with no insulation and those windows and storm doors.. ofcourse she was to get the wood off the walls last spring so I could do it all, as she wants to reuse the wood for the ceiling, and I don't have it in me to pull every nail to try to save the boards, 2 weeks ago I emptied the room and said you got till the w-end if they are still there I'll remove them with my wrecking bar..

Comment

had to make shoot for mixer

002 by [email protected], on Flickr

poured, needs some leveling here, but didn't take pics of it finished off, I didn't get to OCD about it as it's a crawl space storage.

003 by [email protected], on Flickr

004 by [email protected], on Flickr

Ran a cat6 cable for internet in garage, I'll use my old wireless router also .. so I'll have both wired and wireless so, I can bring the computer to the car if needed. and/or cell phone.

006 by [email protected], on Flickr

New planks down, last one on left isn't screwed down as it'll need to come up when we open up that side wall.

007 by [email protected], on Flickr
                      Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; November 17, 2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I can't understand why a house in Mass would have those windows in any room at all. My grandmother had those windows in her house in Deerfield Beach, FL in the kitchen and breakfast room. Winter mornings were damn cold in there until the sun got that to that side of the house.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          I can't understand why a house in Mass would have those windows in any room at all. My grandmother had those windows in her house in Deerfield Beach, FL in the kitchen and breakfast room. Winter mornings were damn cold in there until the sun got that to that side of the house.
                          The kitchen window is like those. That's next. Come spring.

Comment

Working...
                          X