Need a Gail Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Gail Update!

How's it going? Have the headaches subsided? Hoping all is well. How's BamBam?

Dan

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    How's it going? Have the headaches subsided? Hoping all is well. How's BamBam?

Dan
    I agree on the needed update, inquiring minds want to know?
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Or in my case, empty minds want to know. (Hope she chuckles at that one).

Dan

Comment

Me too !
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I used to say...expiring minds want to know. She's been doing yardwork and helping me bang on some metal parts, doing a little better every week. Doc wants her on her feet an hour a day, she has been doing better than that. Not on the computer much yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
            I used to say...expiring minds want to know. She's been doing yardwork and helping me bang on some metal parts, doing a little better every week. Doc wants her on her feet an hour a day, she has been doing better than that. Not on the computer much yet though.
            Cool, give her a hug from all of us, and by then she'll be all hugged out and squished!
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I am doing better~!
              The headaches have subsided but still come around once in a while. I am still dizzy, if I am active the dizzy is there all the time but not too bad, if I look up down or sideways it can get room spinning real quick. I still have absolutely NO sense of smell. I tested it even, stuck my head over the BBQ and walked in on my daughter while she was coloring her hair. Both of those things have huge strong smells attached, I got nothing at all. The ribs are just a memory those healed real fast. I still get uncomfortable in the car if I look anywhere besides straight ahead.
              BamBam is fine, she is taking it easy as well, I don't own a helmet and am still scared to get on any horse, I actually may never ride again, I hate to say that but I want to live.
              Love back to everybody!
              Gail
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I would think spinning rooms would be fun if you could control them, I'm glad to hear you may never get on a Horse again, we want you to live also plus we need a lot of Guidance around here!
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Isn't it slightly paradoxical that we're asking for news from a newsperson? and why does google think that "newsperson" is misspelled?

in any case, I'm glad you're on the mend, Gail.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'll look and see if I still have my jump cap. I might have sold it but I'll check. If not I have an old car helmet that you can have. It's a bit of overkill but that's OK!

Rock On, Sister!

Dan

Comment

Whoo! She lives and speaks!
                      Glad to see you are mending...
                      Afraid of getting back in the saddle is normal.. After all you did take a hell of a spill..
                      We will NOT think less of you if you did not get back in the saddle or vise versa..
                      But if you do.. You must have no fear..

Comment

gail get a pair of those freaky glasses that when you look through them they look like crystals moving and then make the room spin.. fun times.. fun times..
                        only good thing that happened from the last time I passed out and hit my head hard..
                        Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; November 7, 2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          Whoo! She lives and speaks!
                          Glad to see you are mending...
                          Afraid of getting back in the saddle is normal.. After all you did take a hell of a spill..
                          We will NOT think less of you if you did not get back in the saddle or vise versa..
                          But if you do.. You must have no fear..
                          I agree. I stopped roping years ago. I still have both thumbs. Don't miss it at all. Enjoy watching it. Welcome back, Gail.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I was a lil apprehensive about my daughter getting on a horse last weekend at a friends house, the horse hasn't been ridden in some time so I had a feeling that it wasnt going to go well and sure enough within 5 minutes she gets bucked off and lands on her butt, the ground is soft from all the rain so yea I didnt get to worried but after she went off the second time that was enough for me.
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I spent 8 years with the room spinning if I stood too fast or moved in a certain way too quickly because I was anemic my colon bleeding. I can totally relate to Gail in saying that it gets old very fast when you can't control when it happens, and it doesn't go away. It's the main reason I don't drink with any quantity, or do any kind of drugs.

Gail, glad to hear you are doing better. Sad to hear that you may not ride again. At least give Bam Bam a big hug. Let him know you still love him.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X