Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STINEY
    replied
    Bought my Magnum in '06, enjoyed the snot out of it.

Then all the LEO departments decided they just had to have the new Charger cruisers.

Now everyone in front of me thinks I'm a cruiser and my roof-rack is a light bar. Took me a while to figure out why all of a sudden the entire local population decided to start obeying the posted speed limits.

So yeah, my ride intimidates people. Sucks too.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    The Mustang attracts morons like shit attracts flys.
    Ford could put that in the brochure . . . .

(That hasn't been my experience . . . unless . . . I'm the moron?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    BKB...has to do with how much damage you can do to them....
    Got a tow truck push bumper on my flatbed.. They MOOOOVE OVERRR! lol
    I'm sure that is partially why I only get 5-8 mpg...

Leave a comment:

• BKBridges
    replied
    In my controlled double blind testing method I have found that when rolling up on a car in the fast lane, my Dakota makes cars jump out of the fast lane while my PT Cruiser has the opposite effect. Other drivers ignore the PT like thy are embarrassed for you. I commute about 120miles one way in either vehicle and undoubtedly the truck is the Intimidator while the PT is the Emasculator.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    The Mustang attracts morons like shit attracts flys. There is always someone who whats to play around and they are almost always in a WRX or another Mustang. The like to ride up on my ass then whip around me and then drive along side of me. I've spiked more than one of them. When my ass is suddenly an inch from their grill they will back off then do a fly by...morons.

When the Fury runs few people want to start something but when they do and its always late model stuff, Mustangs, Camaros and the like...drivers of old cars rarely ever act the fool.

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    I like it. Just thought it was funny!
    It a bastard !!! Thats for sure. Hopefully get a lot of things done this winter to get it legal to race. Was looking at your thread about doin the 8.8 over.
    Of all the neat cars we have had over the years this was the most fun.
    Last edited by Sleeper 6; November 11, 2013, 06:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I like it. Just thought it was funny!

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    GN Turbo V6 under the hood and Nissan 300zx wheels. lmao

well the stock Mazda rims are only 5"s wide. I didn't want chrome ones but they were a DEAL an being Turbo rims they were wider. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
    Does my car intimidate people? Small children apparently....

SAAC 33 AWARD by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    Hey I use to belong to SAAC when it was NEW !! Been out of that club for a long time but still have the car we bought in 1975 ;-)

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    No. Nobody's challenged me for probably the last 15,000 to 20,000 miles.

I don't know if it's the DW stickers . . . or the fact that everybody figures it's not worth the gas to "throw revs" at a 12.21 second underachiever.

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BigAL View Post
    See that's the beauty of newer cars, inside the car it's not loud at all.
    and they are heavy because of it.. my 71 c-10 long bed,a/c is lighter than a new Camaro.
    the SS is 3400 lb loaded

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
    Does my car intimidate people? Small children apparently....

SAAC 33 AWARD by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    That's an awesome award!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeper 6 View Post
    My car doesn't intimidate anyone. This was the first summer I had it running. They look over at a poor old guy and I think they fell sorry for me. Then take a 2nd look as the car goes by. Beaters are a blast !!
    GN Turbo V6 under the hood and Nissan 300zx wheels. lmao

The Mustang is not really too intimidating..... until I mash the pedal. Then it grow fangs and hair and stuff. My favorite thing is driving under overpasses and giving the throttle a quick hit. Sounds freakin' awesome.

Leave a comment:

• BigAL
    replied
    See that's the beauty of newer cars, inside the car it's not loud at all.

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    I want my car to be whisper quite and only loud when I open the cut outs.. the days of loud all the time cars are past me.. as the ringing in my ears from the bomb blast last april are not going away and may never go away.. and loud exhaust makes the ringing worse for a few days, if in a vehicle for a long time that's loud.. one day at the dragway made the ringing worse for 3 days.. and I missed that sound so much I didn't use ear plugs.. and the ringing was worth it.. but in my cars that i'll be using a lot. I'll need less noise until I want to wake everyone up.. my truck is kinda loud with the dynamax mufflers on it now. and it's a 305 and once the 350 goes in I'll see if the noise is to much, hoping the fact that the tail pipes are out the back and the mufflers are under bed not cab. that I'll not have to change them until they rot away.. The SS droned(dual flowfarters 40's) with the stock powerhouse 185hp 305, no idea what I'll have to do to it. when I get to that car..
    fitting duals and cut outs under that car should be hella fun..
    mass eye and hear wants me to do a research study to see if we can limit the ringing from getting worse when I am exposed to loud noises .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X