Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poison gas
    replied
    Back when the rednecks in the Dodge commercial was on the tv, I pulled up next to a new Dodge pickup in my 69 SS BBC nova (spring time, windows down) and my passenger asked him "Does that thang gotta hemi"? He said "Yes it does, but I don't pick on big blocks". And my gasser just blows their mind.
    Last edited by poison gas; November 11, 2013, 06:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kyhunter89
    replied
    My Monte does, because it sounds nasty at idle, even though its slow.
    The mustang I drive regularly, people try to race it constantly, because it sounds the same now as it did when it ran s.
    Try getting a race on a cammed cbr1000, still lopes at 45mph. Had a Porsche try one time. I basicially.know all the locals fr the track so we never try to street race. If I dont know the car chances are its slow.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Grippo
    replied
    Does my car intimidate people? Small children apparently....

SAAC 33 AWARD by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Page2171
    replied
    I'm currently driving a small hatchback with a thoroughly not intimidating 1.0 3 banger under the hood....so no intimidation going on here.

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

cars have character, always need defense as they get made to be bigger, or faster.. loud almost always goes with it.
    Ya you can hear most of the older cars even before ya see them . BUT with new tech and turbo's cars can be very quiet. The Mazda I posted has a Buick 231 turbo motor in it. About 740 rwhp. Daughter borrowed it for her GN an we ran 9.9s @ 138 in street trim. These cars are quiet. They have to be because my ears don't like loud anymore ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    It's the fun part of street driving. Saturday's and Sunday's we see the muscle car collector types out in their 70 LS7 Chevelles and the like. I pull up next to guy at light, his car is perfect, sounds good too, and he says "no way man, I can't hear my car over yours. How much does that make 700 hp?" I just smile and after we clear the intersection, I goose it a little. Who says 1000 hp street cars are un drive able.
    That's got to be a blast cruising the streets in SoCal on the weekends in that car, of course with the top down the roll cage should be a dead giveaway to most!

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    It's the fun part of street driving. Saturday's and Sunday's we see the muscle car collector types out in their 70 LS7 Chevelles and the like. I pull up next to guy at light, his car is perfect, sounds good too, and he says "no way man, I can't hear my car over yours. How much does that make 700 hp?" I just smile and after we clear the intersection, I goose it a little. Who says 1000 hp street cars are un drive able.
    smarter than ever today, the big power. As much can be hidden in city type decibels, still intimidating.

I remember this conversation some years ago, or maybe even more than once yearly. A real big muscle, it skips over many checks, faults let go..

when its a wolf.. it does not. I like black wolves, I analogize my sube in white snow as a black wolf. (odds are not good - yet stays alive)

cars have character, always need defense as they get made to be bigger, or faster.. loud almost always goes with it.

Another oddity about "intimidating"... it is most often associated as one of a kind. No babies to ponder.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    my old chevelle was intimidating. The odds of having a friend at the time also driving one around as daily.

4 door 1974. Supposedly only 1500 for the whole planet, and here is me and my friend both owning one. Anyway, way back then, we got to talking of that subject in this thread..People got out of the way, as if to be a cop car. 1974 was wide, hefty bumper that never rusted...but why the intimidation? Not even my dads 280 inch wb kenworth w900 scares people. People are animals, like cars. Very peculiar.

another intimidator, is not about speed but real power, like torque numbers. A diesel with a stack, or jacked up mudder truck. Not many mess with it...most just know.

I have figured out my own tin can Subaru.. it is not about speed, it simply looks Baja smash em up ready. Wide square holding stance that is usually drooping and a complaint by 99% of all ricer customers. To fix that? yet another intimidator. Reals hame to become strong and attract even administrative minkey f*ckers trying to take work of custom down.

I saw chad from bangshift at the sema SAN booth on video, I have not forgotten the formalities that need help. Another reason I hang here at bangshift. Stuff does change for the custom builder. The runt needs to be kindly shewed away from the big scary manly industry.

Leave a comment:

• antmnte
    replied
    I got my ass handed to me a few weeks ago on the highway near here by a Mach 1 . I had him pretty good but ran out of steam. I might have got him at the track but not by much. SOB!

Leave a comment:

• yellomalibu
    replied
    When I used to drive my car 50 miles to and from the track, I used to get people who wanted to race ALL the time. I simply ignored them; the busy streets of Orlando are no place to screw around - especially when the police can take your car from you for street racing. Wanna line up against me? Go to the track.

Before I got older and wiser, sure I would "race" people from traffic lights.

One time, I ran a guy off the road (his words, later) because he didn't realize the car he saw way down the road on his first glance was coming toward him so fast. He started to pull out, saw me (right there!) and pulled off the road in a hurry.

Another time - I think the last time - leaving the Turkey Rod Run/ Cruise in Daytona, I sort of rolled onto the throttle pretty good (from a traffic light) when there was a 2nd generation Camaro in the other lane. From my rear view mirror, I saw dust and sparks and his car going off the side of the road. I think he broke and axle or something. For fear of getting arrested for street racing, I kept going. I nervously watched my rear view mirror the rest of the way home for red/blue lights.

Then I got an open trailer. -Slight topic drift - What really makes me shake my head is when people want to race my truck while towing the Chevelle.
    Last edited by yellomalibu; November 10, 2013, 06:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    lol. Yes, it would. I had a 78 Impala ex-field car that was the same color as the local's PD's cruisers, and wore a flat top in that era. It was almost irritating... People would slow down in front of you, but at least they would change lanes to the right lane.

Leave a comment:

• Gary 351C
    replied
    Yes, it does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mar26 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	873389

Leave a comment:

• GFogg
    replied
    My car used to intimidate people. Lives in Dallas TX now
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    My car doesn't intimidate anyone. This was the first summer I had it running. They look over at a poor old guy and I think they fell sorry for me. Then take a 2nd look as the car goes by. Beaters are a blast !!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X