Does Your Car Intimidate People?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Your Car Intimidate People?

So I'm driving the Camaro today and as I'm coming up to this red light I see a guy in a black 911 Porsche dodging though traffic and speeding up behind me, he jumps lanes and ends up next to me at the light. Well as my friends buddy puts it my Camaro sounds like a health 60's-70's muscle car, very loud with a very distinguished lope to the idle. Anyway the light turns green and the Porsche guy jumps the light and starts to get on it, so I give it a quick blip of the throttle and shoot right up next to him and he lets off, I get up to the speed limit and he goes cruising by and starts weaving though traffic again, I end up behind him at the next light where we both take a right hand turn, he whips the turn pretty quick and I'm right behind him and again give the throttle a good blip and pull up right next to him where again he lets off. So anyone else have people do this to them, where they want to test you out but as soon as they realize you'll walk all over them they don't want nothing to do with you. I guess it's just funny how other people act when they are around a muscle car.
    Last edited by BigAL; November 8, 2013, 11:46 PM.
    The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

I had a kid press charges (assault, intimidation, bullying) with the school rental cops because the Imperial, on startup, scared him half to death.

It was the day I drove it unmuffled.

That count?
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

cars are like animals. the net actually fed knowledge like the discovery channel on an African safari. My tin can attracts WRX.. not sure how yet. I don't care, whatever floats the emotions beyond the crazy cost. I admit, my fighting with vehicles .. it doe snot happen. Even with a muscle car, I'd be thinking of every part I put together...let the damn Porsche go.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
        I had a kid press charges (assault, intimidation, bullying) with the school rental cops because the Imperial, on startup, scared him half to death.

It was the day I drove it unmuffled.

That count?
        Number 1 answer right there. Shut the thread down before it even got started.

Comment

My new neighbor called the cops on me cause my ride sets off her car alarm each morning.
          fortunately the cops had a sense of humor about it after they said my exhaust was legal and she used the 'rational' argument that if it sets off her alarm - then it MUST be illegal..... :\

As for street races - Hondas don't wanna play. and the late model Camaro's/Challenger's/Mustang's owner's don't wanna play either. everybody is afraid of the traffic cams nowadays. Highly modified street cars are a real rarity, and todays "hotrodders" are simply laptop jockeys...

seems to me that folks don't wanna turn wrenches anymore.
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Red's not a hotrod by definition but I've got him all decorated and quite a few folks at stoplights and in parking lots have said, "That's a beautiful car." And I say thank you without explaining that he's a HE and he's handsome, not beautiful, because they'll think I'm gay. But RE intimidation, it's always the kids in the skateboard cars (the lowered Honda tuners with the exhaust pipe as big around as a beer can). Yeah, they want to race. As they go by me I just wonder why they are in such a hurry. They've got more time than they realize. I should be the one in a hurry, I don't have nearly as much time left.
            Last edited by pdub; November 9, 2013, 06:44 AM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I can say that if you show up at the local 1/8 mile in anything with a second-gen Hemi you will collect every weirdo a-hole in the place to make sh*tty comments to his buddy about how somebody's Chevy/Ford/Whatever cost half but could probably kick it's butt, and if not it's only because of blah-blah-blah... As a guy who is more of a Chevy and Ford man, I cannot tell you how stupid it sounds. It's the bummer side of the car hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                My tin can attracts WRX..
                That happened to me once, on the way back from bonneville in my 55 with my bicycle on back....after the "blip" the guy made the first right turn he could find
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I've noticed that some folks just have to pass the Camaro........I smile and give 'em a little wave. Sometimes I downshift just to wake 'em up.......or after they pass I return the favor, depending on their attitude.........lol!!
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 9, 2013, 07:22 AM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    I can say that if you show up at the local 1/8 mile in anything with a second-gen Hemi you will collect every weirdo a-hole in the place to make sh*tty comments to his buddy about how somebody's Chevy/Ford/Whatever cost half but could probably kick it's butt, and if not it's only because of blah-blah-blah... As a guy who is more of a Chevy and Ford man, I cannot tell you how stupid it sounds. It's the bummer side of the car hobby.
                    that's been happening for ever.. nothing new there..
                    playing on the street is STUPID fun yes but stupid.. to many things working against you..
                    traffic cams, everyones cell phone camera's, news channel cameras, 911 to report you driving like a nut, and the camera on phone to get the plate, it's just not worth it, to show the guy in another car you're has more balls than his/hers.

Comment

Do you mean "Antagonize" and not "Intimidate" ?

My truck intimidates people. It looks like a refugee from a landscaper (PO jackknifed it, bent the bed and cab). It's an un-muffled diesel and ugly. It's loud as hell and smelly. It might as well say "No Insurance" backwards on the windshield.

You know the important guys in a hurry and on the phone? The ones that drift over into your lane so they can text in their Moccachinolatte order? The Lexus-finity guys tend to pay more attention when I drift towards them at the same time. They get that "holy shit, do you have insurance?" look on their face and straighten right up. I've almost mastered the "What, Me Worry?" grin of Alfred's. That is intimidation. It's fairly obvious I don't give a shit if it gets bent more. Nobody wants to be anywhere around it, much less race it.
                      Last edited by Beagle; November 9, 2013, 07:44 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        Do you mean "Antagonize" and not "Intimidate" ?

My truck intimidates people. It looks like a refugee from a landscaper (PO jackknifed it, bent the bed and cab). It's an un-muffled diesel and ugly. It's loud as hell and smelly. It might as well say "No Insurance" backwards on the windshield.

You know the important guys in a hurry and on the phone? The ones that drift over into your lane so they can text in their Moccachinolatte order? The Lexus-finity guys tend to pay more attention when I drift towards them at the same time. They get that "holy shit, do you have insurance?" look on their face and straighten right up. I've almost mastered the "What, Me Worry?" grin of Alfred's. That is intimidation. It's fairly obvious I don't give a shit if it gets bent more. Nobody wants to be anywhere around it, much less race it.
                        Now that's funny!

Comment

The shoebox attracts 'em like flys........I don't even bother to
                          recognize their efforts........just put my arm on the back of the seat like Bob Falfa and cruise on.
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

With the ultimate weenie cars today a normal car from years past intimidates them. Just the big ass grill in their rear view is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                              My new neighbor called the cops on me cause my ride sets off her car alarm each morning.
                              fortunately the cops had a sense of humor about it after they said my exhaust was legal and she used the 'rational' argument that if it sets off her alarm - then it MUST be illegal..... :\

As for street races - Hondas don't wanna play. and the late model Camaro's/Challenger's/Mustang's owner's don't wanna play either. everybody is afraid of the traffic cams nowadays. Highly modified street cars are a real rarity, and todays "hotrodders" are simply laptop jockeys...

seems to me that folks don't wanna turn wrenches anymore.
                              On Mercer Island (think "rich folks"), I have a friend who is a cop. After lots of years of complaints about car alarms being set off by the Blue Angels during SeaFare; the city passed a noise ordinance which prohibited people from leaving their alarms on during that week. They advertised, then warned, and finally one year he spent his entire weekend ticketing cars for unattended alarms going off

As for racing and other street hoonage, I wouldn't know anything about that - I'm mr. church mouse when it comes to rambunctious cars. Y'all are hooligans.

and get off my lawn!
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 9, 2013, 08:53 AM.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X