Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Before days of cell phones I saw an old white haired lady in a turnout looking at a flat, pulled in with my 57. She had no spare, where she was was pretty isolated.. I offered to drive her home.. She said, "No, you will drive too fast."
    I promised I would not.. She was very impressed how smooth and nice it rode.. Tried to pay me.. i said no!

Leave a comment:

• jcharliem
    replied
    Happens sometimes when I take the Chevelle out. I won't get squirrelly on the street with another car... the Chevelle already attracts enough attention. I'll ignore the other dude. Although, rather than getting stupid with a street race... I may slowly buzz the mill to +7k rpm before making a soft shift. The noise alone usually freaks out any lookie-lou's.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    That happened to me once, on the way back from bonneville in my 55 with my bicycle on back....after the "blip" the guy made the first right turn he could find
    I tore up an sti after 450 miles at drag week 12. Car was loaded down and I was almost to the house and he wanted to go, so I did.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    The Impala mostly scares ladies. It's loud and flat black, it must be driven by a deranged psycho. When I pull into a parking lot and down a parking aisle, the lady walking down the middle yapping on her cell phone, suddenly trurns towards the parked cars. Once I pass, they continue walking down the middle.

More than once, I stopped at cross walk to let old lady cross the street. They have the right-a-way, but two have just sat there on the curb and not cross in front of me. Just for fun, I refused to move, causing people behind to honk. Finally, the lady start to cross, but all the time keeping one eye on me just in case I drop the clutch.

In LA, there was this Aisan family a couple doors down. If I fired up my car, the mother would instantly gather up the children and run in the house. This happened repeatedly. When I came back later, they were all back in the front yard.

I want to drive around with fake blood splashed all over the front with a walker bent over the hood, with fake hands and feet jammed into the car here and there. I might as well live up to the perceived rep.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    It's probably been 3 or 4 years ago but I was up at the Woodward Cruise and I was cruising in the wide open unincorporated area between Bloomfield Hills and Pontiac and pulled up to a stoplight, there was a red 70's Corvette already at the light, with a blower and Quads sticking up through the hood, he had what I believe was probably his Girlfriend or Wife with him, I was thinking this could be interesting, when the light turned green he turned right from the second lane over, probably saved his self some embarrassment, then again maybe not?

Leave a comment:

• Casper
    replied
    One night I was street racing with my old 69 Firebird and this dude that just bought a new Tran-Am wanted to race, it was around a 2002. I was running for cash that night and wanted nothing to do with it, he was way out of his league. Didn't sink in, he just kept pestering me and I kept politely declining. Finally at the end of the night I'm headed home cruising down the highway and guess who pulls up beside me. Lesson time, we went from a dead dig and I left on the bottle. I left him like he was driving a VW that was only hitting on 2 cyls. I'm pretty sure he sold the car after that one.
    Last edited by Casper; November 9, 2013, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    have I told you about the time I beat an old, Ford, diesel pickup in a stoplight war on my bike? he was not pleased.
    Like, a pedal-it bike?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Do you mean "Antagonize" and not "Intimidate" ?

My truck intimidates people. It looks like a refugee from a landscaper (PO jackknifed it, bent the bed and cab). It's an un-muffled diesel and ugly. It's loud as hell and smelly. It might as well say "No Insurance" backwards on the windshield.

You know the important guys in a hurry and on the phone? The ones that drift over into your lane so they can text in their Moccachinolatte order? The Lexus-finity guys tend to pay more attention when I drift towards them at the same time. They get that "holy shit, do you have insurance?" look on their face and straighten right up. I've almost mastered the "What, Me Worry?" grin of Alfred's. That is intimidation. It's fairly obvious I don't give a shit if it gets bent more. Nobody wants to be anywhere around it, much less race it.
    have I told you about the time I beat an old, Ford, diesel pickup in a stoplight war on my bike? he was not pleased.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 9, 2013, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
    My new neighbor called the cops on me cause my ride sets off her car alarm each morning.
    fortunately the cops had a sense of humor about it after they said my exhaust was legal and she used the 'rational' argument that if it sets off her alarm - then it MUST be illegal..... :\

As for street races - Hondas don't wanna play. and the late model Camaro's/Challenger's/Mustang's owner's don't wanna play either. everybody is afraid of the traffic cams nowadays. Highly modified street cars are a real rarity, and todays "hotrodders" are simply laptop jockeys...

seems to me that folks don't wanna turn wrenches anymore.
    On Mercer Island (think "rich folks"), I have a friend who is a cop. After lots of years of complaints about car alarms being set off by the Blue Angels during SeaFare; the city passed a noise ordinance which prohibited people from leaving their alarms on during that week. They advertised, then warned, and finally one year he spent his entire weekend ticketing cars for unattended alarms going off

As for racing and other street hoonage, I wouldn't know anything about that - I'm mr. church mouse when it comes to rambunctious cars. Y'all are hooligans.

and get off my lawn!
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 9, 2013, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• antmnte
    replied
    With the ultimate weenie cars today a normal car from years past intimidates them. Just the big ass grill in their rear view is enough.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    The shoebox attracts 'em like flys........I don't even bother to
    recognize their efforts........just put my arm on the back of the seat like Bob Falfa and cruise on.

Leave a comment:

• Hemi Joel
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post

My truck intimidates people. It looks like a refugee from a landscaper (PO jackknifed it, bent the bed and cab). It's an un-muffled diesel and ugly. It's loud as hell and smelly. It might as well say "No Insurance" backwards on the windshield.

You know the important guys in a hurry and on the phone? The ones that drift over into your lane so they can text in their Moccachinolatte order? The Lexus-finity guys tend to pay more attention when I drift towards them at the same time. They get that "holy shit, do you have insurance?" look on their face and straighten right up. I've almost mastered the "What, Me Worry?" grin of Alfred's. That is intimidation. It's fairly obvious I don't give a shit if it gets bent more. Nobody wants to be anywhere around it, much less race it.
    Now that's funny!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied

Last edited by Beagle; November 9, 2013, 07:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post
    I can say that if you show up at the local 1/8 mile in anything with a second-gen Hemi you will collect every weirdo a-hole in the place to make sh*tty comments to his buddy about how somebody's Chevy/Ford/Whatever cost half but could probably kick it's butt, and if not it's only because of blah-blah-blah... As a guy who is more of a Chevy and Ford man, I cannot tell you how stupid it sounds. It's the bummer side of the car hobby.
    that's been happening for ever.. nothing new there..
    playing on the street is STUPID fun yes but stupid.. to many things working against you..
    traffic cams, everyones cell phone camera's, news channel cameras, 911 to report you driving like a nut, and the camera on phone to get the plate, it's just not worth it, to show the guy in another car you're has more balls than his/hers.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I've noticed that some folks just have to pass the Camaro........I smile and give 'em a little wave. Sometimes I downshift just to wake 'em up.......or after they pass I return the favor, depending on their attitude.........lol!!
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 9, 2013, 07:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X