More curbside classics in Sweden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More curbside classics in Sweden.

I have said it before..that day when i come over to the US,im not expecting to see more classics on the road..than in Sweden.Robert from Curbside classic,has checked it out this summer.

nice writeup with it. You might not get all of those models at a big car show.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

That guy takes some nice photographs.

In our little town older cars are pretty common (plus it's along a popular day trip for folks with cool cars/bikes on the weekend) but you won't see many battling it out in traffic most places, it's true. That white 4-door in the pic...a friend has probably by now scrapped a nice original '64 Olds F-85 4-door he acquired in trade, there is so little interest in such a car here. Kids don't seem to build cars anymore and a guy like me already has too much junk, my seeming interest in preserving sixties full-size Jeeps (also largely worthless) for history has used up all my yard space.

We may take the '59 Chev out this weekend. I used it Wednesday to flat-tow our '91 pickup truck home when it crapped out on Gail in the middle of Main street and the daughter had the other car. I'm sure that was quite a sight...I just kept looking at it's front bumper's proximity to the Imp's tailights and cringing. Not many original Guide red lenses around anymore, and that's the type of problem that limits many old car's use.
      Last edited by Loren; November 9, 2013, 06:27 AM.

Comment

The first shot of that Merc was spectacular. All the cars were neat but I haven't seen a lot of mid-50's Mercs and that one is special. Glad the old iron is getting love.

Dan

Comment

there is always a best, of course.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13-Malibu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	873368
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
            there is always a best, of course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25833[CH]
            I bet every gearhead would recognice it ;)

Comment

The American classic car following in Europe always amazes me.....they really do 'em up right.

Great photos.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                That guy takes some nice photographs.

In our little town older cars are pretty common (plus it's along a popular day trip for folks with cool cars/bikes on the weekend) but you won't see many battling it out in traffic most places, it's true. That white 4-door in the pic...a friend has probably by now scrapped a nice original '64 Olds F-85 4-door he acquired in trade, there is so little interest in such a car here. Kids don't seem to build cars anymore and a guy like me already has too much junk, my seeming interest in preserving sixties full-size Jeeps (also largely worthless) for history has used up all my yard space.

We may take the '59 Chev out this weekend. I used it Wednesday to flat-tow our '91 pickup truck home when it crapped out on Gail in the middle of Main street and the daughter had the other car. I'm sure that was quite a sight...I just kept looking at it's front bumper's proximity to the Imp's tailights and cringing. Not many original Guide red lenses around anymore, and that's the type of problem that limits many old car's use.
                I have noticed one thing in Sweden,and its their big space..even in the citys,you can find cheap rated garages.That helps in preserving anything old car or boat etc related.It also helps that your father or another relative,have been active in the american car scene...then you have someone to ask,when problems occur.This is why there are alot of four doors and wagons preserved by young enthusiasts..

And when there are young people cruising,and attending car shows and cruisings..there will be more buddys and friends attending too..a win win situation.

Some 59s from sweden .

hey, just looking for some pics of 1959 chevy full size cars. restoring a biscayne as we speak and i am looking for cool ideas. any help would be...

Comment

Working...
                X