Would you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you do it?

I'm about a half-inch away from ripping my 66 Lemans apart to use for parts on my basket case 69 Firebird.

Other than the fact the Lemans is a 4 door, it's a running and driving car, not to mention a classic.

Now mind you I've done this before, but doing it on something this old and in running condition almost feels like I'm committing a crime.

Any thoughts?

go for it... if it will help with guilt phase, see if anybody could use the parts you don't for a lemans/gto build!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      go for it... if it will help with guilt phase, see if anybody could use the parts you don't for a lemans/gto build!
      Desert Valley will take the car after I'm done stripping it. They have the means to move the parts much better than I do and they'd pay a fair price being a classic.

Basically all I need is the engine, trans, & tires.
      Last edited by Casper; November 9, 2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I couldnt do it. Not to a running driving car that old.

Comment

sell the lemans..

Comment

It's been up for sale, no luck. I'm not even getting calls on it.

Comment

If it's got 4 doors it belongs in a wrecking yard, use the parts and bring back the Firebird.
              The Green Machine.
              http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
                Other than the fact the Lemans is a 4 door, it's a running and driving car, not to mention a classic.
                Hey look! A rolling test bed for all the classic parts you need!

Grab everything you may possibly need, advertise the rest as derby car material.

Guaranteed sale.

Now before you jump to conclusions, hear me out. Some freak classic car guy (like us) will see that as a sacrilege and buy it just to save it from a derby-death. (No offense Bob)

Or someone will buy it for a derby. Either way you win.

Or just sell it to the junkyard.

Your nephew isn't ponying up the money to keep his driver?
                Last edited by STINEY; November 10, 2013, 08:25 AM.
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Keep it as a beater, it is a cool ride. If you are serious about building your firebird you don't want whatever used parts coughed up from a lemans...give it the credit and repect it deserves.
                  A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

really how much

Comment

The LeMans can only supply drivetrain to your rust bucket Firebird. Sell the Firebird. Look for a better one.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Firebird is not really that bad Scott. I'd rather be beating around in it than the Lemans, so would my nephew.

Comment

Stiney, non taken.. But the Lemans is a little small, altho my Daughter came in 2nd in her first derby with a Malibu wagon that leaked like a seive... To be fair, it was built almost like a tank..

Comment

They are your rides. Do what makes you happy. The rest be damned.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well... it could be it's first & last car show... I did the best I could to save it.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2338.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	873397

Comment

Working...
                              X