No announcement yet.

Would you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am right there with Alex. I just would have said it more delicately. And to correct you just a little, its 2/3 s a classic. That middle part belongs in a scrap yard .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      They are your rides. Do what makes you happy. The rest be damned.

Damn straight Skippy.

What he said.
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Looks like a decent car still to bad its a 4 door. Nobody seems to want them. To bad you aren't closer I would take it off your hands.

Comment

Woah dude. That's a 4 door HARDTOP! Were they all that way that year? You don't want to relegate the Firebird to daily driver status and pile all kinds of wear, tear and miles on it. Cruising it should be SPECIAL. Keep the crew cab and focus on perking it up as much as possible. Just detailing, cleaning and in-use restoration items. GM drivetrains, particularly Poncho ones are a dime a dozen. Best block material in the business they used to claim. Check up in the rust belt states. Maybe even buy a running rust bucket up there. Me, if I had a Gen 1 'Bird I'd look for a Q-Jet equipped OHC six but I'm kind of funny that way. Back me up n this somebody, but wouldn't that thing be an easy 2-3 grand at a Pomona Swap? Maybe it's road trip time?
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Think of it this way. Wouldn't it have been a loss to the racing community if the Renteria Brothers felt that way and swapped the hotted up Valiant drivetrain into a 2 door Satellite or Coronet? Chad! Ya gotta chime in on this! The life of an intact nearly 50 year old piece of history is in the balance. If nothing else consider it is a LeMans and not a Tempest.
            Last edited by RockJustRock; November 10, 2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Never been to Pomona but it's a thought. Looks like they have a meet on Dec 8th, also just noticed they have a free classified section on their web site. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Also consider Long Beach

You will notice classic crew cabs in the photo. Several BangShifters are regulars at these, Chad among them. I could afford a humble offer around the first of the year, but I'm afraid all I could afford would be something like that scrappers would offer. Find a place to crash, run it on CL and E-Bay here and make it a one week vacation. Operation Rescue LeMonster is born. Anybody have a sofa for Casper?

Comment

what you want for it. I'd rather save it than see it parted.. I'm fine with a more door

Comment

Maybe try and sell it here -http://forums.performanceyears.com/forums/

Comment

Turn it into a 2 door? it wouldn't be the first time.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                        Maybe try and sell it here -http://forums.performanceyears.com/forums/
                        Did that. No response at all. Been a member there for quite a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                          what you want for it. I'd rather save it than see it parted.. I'm fine with a more door
                          It's listed on craigslist for $1,900.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
                            Did that. No response at all. Been a member there for quite a few years.
                            LOL maybe you were right about using it to donate the engine and trans.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                              Turn it into a 2 door? it wouldn't be the first time.
                              Thought about it. Really don't want to get bogged down on that big of a project. Got balls deep on a 55 Chevy and ended up losing it. Don't need that scenario again.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
                                It's listed on craigslist for $1,900.
                                1900 shipped and Ill take it :p
                                Local person
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X