the term "care package"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the term "care package"

Does anyone remember that term? Anyway, I was reading up on the big typhoon.

I knew that came from somewhere. A charity called care, started in 1945. I get to thinking of some threads here, "sad news indeed", etc.

The contrasts of a big picture.. not sure how I can whine over my own puny life afterwards.

paradise of the Philippines, yet living in a cardboard city...

a forbes ranked #50, the second coldest state in the nation (arguably the coldest).. with houses going on 200 years...that is where I am now.

The world has it all. Someone has to help those extremes...
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere..

The first CARE Packages contained:
    one pound of beef in broth
    one pound of steak and kidneys
    8 ounces of liver loaf
    8 ounces of corned beef
    12 ounces of luncheon loaf (like Spam)
    8 ounces of bacon
    2 pounds of margarine
    one pound of lard
    one pound of fruit preserves
    one pound of honey
    one pound of raisins
    one pound of chocolate
    2 pounds of sugar
    8 ounces of egg powder
    2 pounds of whole-milk powder
    2 pounds of coffee

Comment

yeah, we still use the term down here occaisionally. My ex used to do a driveby down the alley and lob Chili's leftover ribs "care packages" over the fence to my dog when I was away for a day or so. I wondered why she was never all that hungry and I had styrofoam all in the yard.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

sadly you have to be carefull. tons of faux charities will pop up to help those affected and are scum.. but most times out of the laws reach in this internet age..
        special place in hell for those a-h's
        hope the death toll numbers don't get to high and those waiting to hear from family and friends do so soon..

Comment

I think they're saying 10,000 dead already. It's pretty sad. Some of those small island nations just aren't prepared for disasters of this sort. It appears as though some help is on the way in the form of C130's with food, water and generators from nearby US Military bases.

Comment

it be nice if the u.n. got off their ass and we were not the only ones sending huge aid..

Comment

Working...
            X