Local government fail. hahahahahaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBR View Post
    People from Amarillo don't eat at the Big Texan.
    People in Amarillo don't really need an expensive logo to know where they are, either (or do they?)

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      lol the Pepsi one. Easy target, but still funny.
      You sure it's Pepsi? Looks like Obama's hope and change?
      Either way.. The hole one's best!

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
        The older I get, the more I tend to believe that government (and that includes private "governments" such as motorsports sanctioning bodies) pretty much ruin everything they touch.

Even if it isn't all that great I hate to see any racetrack close! That picis sad!! I know that track was a good one though,and that sucks.

EMAARillo by morning!
        sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

I wonder if Dubai and and Amarillo used the same clip art program? Or was it from a google image search?

Comment

A Modest Proposal . . . .

I refuse to sign up for one of those Meme generator/spyware services, so you're going to have to use your imagination here . . .

AMARILLO . . .
            Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]19209[/ATTACH]

IT ONLY FEELS LIKE YOU"RE DRIVING ON THE SUN (except when its snowing sideways)

EDIT: That would be a lot better if you could see the FREAKIN PICTURE!
            Last edited by 38P; November 12, 2013, 12:39 PM. Reason: ineptness

Comment

Originally posted by Karberator View Post
              Even if it isn't all that great I hate to see any racetrack close! That picis sad!! I know that track was a good one though,and that sucks.

EMAARillo by morning!

Happier times . . . .

BTW, there's virtually no trace left of anything in that picture (due to the manifest incompetence and abject failure of local government)

Ergo, some half-century later that community now has . . . .

Progress?
              Last edited by 38P; November 12, 2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Nice pic. Reminds me of:

BTW, it was 25*F when I left for work at 6:45am today and the doors of the Wolrd Famous Dodge Durango were frozen shut with ice. Now it is a whopping 40*. I miss summer already.
                Last edited by BBR; November 12, 2013, 12:55 PM.
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

SHH . . don't tell'em that or you'll get more of those "Californicators" who are too stoned to stop in Colorado . . . or ex-pat Yankees (who think a balmy 40 degrees is almost a nice summer's day)

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                    People from Amarillo don't eat at the Big Texan.
                    People from Dallas don't eat there either.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      People from Dallas don't eat there either.
                      Mainly because they're on a special liquid diet . . . .

Comment

Gee, I wish he'd have taken me to the Big Texan . . . .

(And yes, I realize that the chemical-laced, zoning-free terrarium known as Houston is about five thousand miles from "Big D" (and half a continent from Amarillo) . . . but sometimes one must suspend disbelief for the sake of "art"

Comment

That logo makes me feel a lot better about the work I do for the rural municipal council. Most of the time I just get into fights with the reeve (what everyone else calls a mayor) and catch hell from my residents over things my predecessors did--but at least I didn't steal a city logo from the web!

At the risk of being labelled "ironic" (I was elected to my job as a councillor), why do people keep voting morons into positions of power? Just a thought....

Comment

Originally posted by jordanmorningstar View Post
                            That logo makes me feel a lot better about the work I do for the rural municipal council. Most of the time I just get into fights with the reeve (what everyone else calls a mayor) and catch hell from my residents over things my predecessors did--but at least I didn't steal a city logo from the web!

At the risk of being labelled "ironic" (I was elected to my job as a councillor), why do people keep voting morons into positions of power? Just a thought....
                            Like the Kenyan?

Comment

About 30 seconds into the clip:

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                                Like the Kenyan?
                                Trust me, Obama could be worse. Our dear leader has been taking away pensions from wounded veterans, which is absolutely lower than low. In the meantime, he personally oversaw the bribing of another politician (senator Mike Duffy) to cover up the fact that he signed off on that first politician writing up a fraudulent expense account and giving a high paying job to a buddy who did "little to no work" at said job.

At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel up here in Canada--all of this scandalous news is coming to us as the result of a police investigation. And because the case is ongoing, the mounties are holding back the really juicy bits. I think the old curse, "May you live in interesting times," is about to come true!

Comment

Working...
                                X