GMG 59 Rambler for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    there is no way in hell you can tell me that car was not built specifically for that company. Why else would anyone in the business of flipping cars do that to a wagon knowing full well that it is a specialty car and buyers for that car a far and few between. Not the type of car that you cna flip quick for profit...I think that Co. contacted them, said build us an ugly hot rod and then the producers spun it to look like a "oh look at our luck" car flip....bull shit!
    yep, that would be my guess

As for the Rambler - it's a 15,000 car and as he was the sucker.... errr, 1st purchaser, he gets to eat the loss. It's also interesting about the little bits he had to do to truly make the car a driver - totally expected - but still, I'd be a bit disappointed that the shop wouldn't bring it back for tweeks given the purchase price...

But still, I'd rock that car.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      I was astonished watching this show last night when they sold the 71 kingswood wagon for $42k???
      fresh 454 fresh blower, carbs, msd, side pipes, cragars, electric cut outs.... he said he had over $20k into it.

WOW - just wow - and I can't get a decent offer on our unmolested 54 belair...

good luck on this rambler - proof they'll stuff and LS in absolutely anything.
      those numbers are HIGHLY inflated buying/selling/ parts/labor - its all fluff for tv - Texas is a big state but the Hot Rod community is fairly tight knit
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

this would be a good parts go-getter for someones business, plus being a well recognized vehicle it could draw more customers...If I were someone who owned a dealership or parts store/garage it would be a desireable car...although...I would probably just buy a beater pickup...cuz the asking price and original purchase price were downright stupid.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Did you notice all of the stuff the owner did to "make the car more road friendly", i.e., finish the car? Does it surprise you that this TV car was not finished well and corners were cut? I can't believe chumps are willing to pay that kind of money for a hastily built car.
          Still plays with trucks....

Comment

well, when you put up stupid deadlines to add to the drama that is what you get. Did you notice the Fairlane they built didnt have a headliner? The prices they are asking just going to make it even harder for guys like us to get good deals on beaters.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I like the Rambler and would drive it for sure, but 28k? Nope. 10k would be the most I would spend. As for the Kingswood I liked it pretty much the way they bought it and would not have changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
                I like the Rambler and would drive it for sure, but 28k? Nope. 10k would be the most I would spend. As for the Kingswood I liked it pretty much the way they bought it and would not have changed it.
                I know. Did you see how clean that 402 was when they janked it out? I could live with the 8-71, kinda makes it into a bad ass wagon but the side pipes? Didn't do it for me. I bet they could have made about the same profit just tweaking it a little bit when they first got it.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

well, when you put up stupid deadlines to add to the drama that is what you get. Did you notice the Fairlane they built didnt have a headliner? The prices they are asking just going to make it even harder for guys like us to get good deals on beaters.
                  Yes but.... did you notice that the latest wagon build has been in the shop for at least 6 months? it's been in the background. I can't wait for the 40 Ford (the tan one), that's still waiting the wings.

It's time-crunch drama, but they have been working on the car for months prior to its star treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    I know. Did you see how clean that 402 was when they janked it out? I could live with the 8-71, kinda makes it into a bad ass wagon but the side pipes? Didn't do it for me. I bet they could have made about the same profit just tweaking it a little bit when they first got it.
                    Exactly, side pipes are just, I don't know, too Joe Dirt for me. I get that they were going for a 70's vibe, but then why put 60's style wheels and tires on it? Anyway, I would have just cleaned it up and drove it as is. I liked the green inside and out.

Comment

I had the misfortune of watching part of the chrome Fairmont episode, kind of a "so what is this show about" gamble that exploded in my face and 20 minutes I will never get back.

Pass.

In the case of a Drift Fairmont or an LS powered Rambler, "Puff Puff, Pass..." inspiration by 3 monkeys trying to f* a football.
                      Last edited by Beagle; November 13, 2013, 12:31 PM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

My friend snapped a picture of that car in Harrison NY (where its for sale) just a month ago. I guess the guy dosent like it, cant understand why? LOL! I liked the Kingswood,they a\shouda left it alone
                        Last edited by antmnte; November 13, 2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          Yes but.... did you notice that the latest wagon build has been in the shop for at least 6 months? it's been in the background. I can't wait for the 40 Ford (the tan one), that's still waiting the wings.

It's time-crunch drama, but they have been working on the car for months prior to its star treatment.
                          Funny you say that, I noticed the little Model A, the brown one they "hot rodded" in the first season....it was on a lift in the background of the latest episode.

I am calling shenanigans....

Comment

Funny you say that, I noticed the little Model A, the brown one they "hot rodded" in the first season....it was on a lift in the background of the latest episode.

I am calling shenanigans....
                            actually, he said he bought it back at an auction and it'd be featured again

but don't let that fact detract from your overall opinion which I think is pretty close to true

it's TV, it's not like it's real. I admit that the show has grown on me.

And Beags, he said on one of the shows that the chrome Fairmont was the stupidest car they've ever built....
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 14, 2013, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              actually, he said he bought it back at an auction and it'd be featured again

but don't let that fact detract from your overall opinion which I think is pretty close to true

it's TV, it's not like it's real. I admit that the show has grown on me.

And Beags, he said on one of the shows that the chrome Fairmont was the stupidest car they've ever built....

Hmm, missed that...but still...I aint buying any of it. I think Aaron Kaufman has 0 taste and 0 imagination when it comes to car building...not to say he isnt talented...just another trend follower.

Shenanigans I say!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                                I had the misfortune of watching part of the chrome Fairmont episode, kind of a "so what is this show about" gamble that exploded in my face and 20 minutes I will never get back.

Pass.

In the case of a Drift Fairmont or an LS powered Rambler, "Puff Puff, Pass..." inspiration by 3 monkeys trying to f* a football.
                                I don't watch that crappy show for self-evident reasons, but Beagle's post made me do a Google search for photos of the chrome drift abomination. . . and now I have the brain damage from that hideous Fairmont to prove it.

BTW, is it just me, or does the awful Gas Monkey Garage "tongue" logo vaguely call to mind America's favorite twerking pot-head moron, Miley Cyrus? I'm guessing there's plenty of "chronic" at the heart of both Miley and the GMG bozos' acts.

Comment

Working...
                                X