• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMG 59 Rambler for sale

Found this while trolling
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

I dig it. They make some cool stuff there.

Anyone remember how much they actually had into this thing? Im sure it wasn't close to 28k...

Comment

Cool........but not $28,000 cool.
      Gas Monkey needs funding for the new bar.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

gas money garage. I found their website, they attempt to flip quick, least work, most profit..of course it is the show itself that is the profit, but I understand their saintly deed.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Cool car, but not 28k cool...

wheels dont fit the style at all- either needs bigger brakes, or smaller wheels.
          Local person
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
            Cool car, but not 28k cool...

wheels dont fit the style at all- either needs bigger brakes, or smaller wheels.
            It's hard to imagine a car that embodies any more of the "trends" I don't like than that poor,wretched Rambler.

I've got two (yes TWO . . . package deal) '61 Rambler Classic Cross-Country wagons and I'd NEVER consider doing THAT to either of them.

Good luck shaking $28,000 out of some clueless mope . . . .

RULE-of-THUMB: Most made-for-TV cars are awful.

Comment

heh....outsider and I agree on something! Every part that was added to the car is very easy to spot, because it looks so out of place.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I guess the first guy who bought it for his wife didn't like it too much LOL? I didn't like that build. It just seemed to raw and unfinished.
                Last edited by Huskinhano; November 12, 2013, 12:49 PM.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

The original asking price was $20,000.
                  They paid $2500 for the body. It had a see thru floor if I remember correctly.
                  My partner in crime and I bought a running 1962 Classic SW for $600 and ran it on the 2012 HotRod Power Tour.
                  4500 miles 20 mpg and 275 miles to a quart of oil. It's a hybrid, burns gas and oil LOL

Nick
                  Last edited by nickleone; November 12, 2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    I guess the first guy who bought it for his wife didn't like it too much LOL? .
                    What little woman wouldn't like a five-cent rusty car festooned with a belly-button EFI crate motor, subcompact-size disc brakes and gangsta "dubs?"

Comment

I was astonished watching this show last night when they sold the 71 kingswood wagon for $42k???
                      fresh 454 fresh blower, carbs, msd, side pipes, cragars, electric cut outs.... he said he had over $20k into it.

WOW - just wow - and I can't get a decent offer on our unmolested 54 belair...

good luck on this rambler - proof they'll stuff and LS in absolutely anything.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
                        They paid $2500 for the body.
                        I may have to hold a "Rambler Liquidation Event . . . ."

Comment

Sheeple pay dearly for that 15 minutes of fame.......even if its only as the schmuck who bought that episodes "Star Car".
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                            I was astonished watching this show last night when they sold the 71 kingswood wagon for $42k???
                            fresh 454 fresh blower, carbs, msd, side pipes, cragars, electric cut outs.... he said he had over $20k into it.

WOW - just wow - and I can't get a decent offer on our unmolested 54 belair...

good luck on this rambler - proof they'll stuff and LS in absolutely anything.
                            there is no way in hell you can tell me that car was not built specifically for that company. Why else would anyone in the business of flipping cars do that to a wagon knowing full well that it is a specialty car and buyers for that car a far and few between. Not the type of car that you cna flip quick for profit...I think that Co. contacted them, said build us an ugly hot rod and then the producers spun it to look like a "oh look at our luck" car flip....bull shit!
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                              What little woman wouldn't like a five-cent rusty car festooned with a belly-button EFI crate motor, subcompact-size disc brakes and gangsta "dubs?"

I use to have a '58 Rambler in HS. I liked it because it was so funky looking. I'd love to get another clean one and fix it up. I even know where there is a '58 Ambassador wagon with a factory 4V 327!

Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X