Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98ciHemi Walt is moving out on his own. Time for advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the other hand, the best roommates I've had were friends I'd known for ten years at that point.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open for as long as you like. Your dad isnt there to yell at you about it. Enjoy. Sooner or later it will dawn on you why he did all that yelling. There are several other things that he yelled at you about that you can now do any time you please, they will help you understand parents quite a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by Karberator View Post
        Live below your means.

Between this and what NewEnglandRaceFan said about putting money away, covers a lot.

Mom always tried to get me to save. I never did. Had beers to drink, guns to buy, cars to buy and work on, etc. Not only did I use all the money I earned, I even financed some I hadn't earned yet.

It catches up with you, and 10, 15, or 20 years down the road, you will eventually say "damn, if only I would have..."

If I would have taken a meager 10% of my take home pay and put it in an IRA from an early age, I'd be in good shape.

If I would have been responsible with credit cards, my house would be paid for. I'm 42, and owe 18 more years on it, due to refinancing to pay off other accumulated debts.

Oh, and I've found that most of a hangover is from dehydration. Alcohol is a diuretic (dehydrates you) Having a glass or two of water in the evening with drinks, and one before bed helps ease (or eliminate) the pounding head in the morning... then again, so does drinking responsibly - but I was never able to drink "responsibly".

Comment

Drink responsibility... Whazzat? All or nothing.. Last time me and my buddy were together before he passed, we tried to drink out the bar! Talk about toilet water!

Comment

Enjoy it, but remember the old adage "you can pay now or later" ... but, later comes with interest, and granny used to say "99cents doesn't make a dollar"
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Jeff Foxworthy tells about the single life and the first apartment very well.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                Jeff Foxworthy tells about the single life and the first apartment very well.

YES!!
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  I was only going to say:
                  Leave a greasy engine part in the kitchen sink when you have a new girl over. She needs to know how you are.
                  After she marries you and has children with you it is ok to get the parts out of the house though...
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

But Gail - You'll have to be sure he builds a shop first. Loving support gets your sink back - win/win.

Dan

Comment

Buy the best mattress you can afford, not much beats a good night's sleep. Use it for other things too.
                      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                        Buy the best mattress you can afford, not much beats a good night's sleep. Use it for other things too.
                        yeah, if you get a really firm one, the car parts won't roll around on it so much.

Sadly, my futon at location X's luxurious 576 sq ft is the most comfortable bed I own, but I've been caught sleeping on 3 lunch room chairs before so that is something to keep in mind. I do like futons, they are longer so you can actually sleep on the couch without your legs hanging off the end.
                        Last edited by Beagle; November 14, 2013, 06:51 AM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

My contribution after last nights events: Never try and manually trigger a 480v/three phase motor starter with both hands.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ciHemi View Post
                            My contribution after last nights events: Never try and manually trigger a 480v/three phase motor starter with both hands.
                            Free afro???

Comment

Skinny dipping is fun especially with some one from the opposite sex. NEVER DO THAT IF YOU SEE TURTLES!!!!!!
                              OH YEAH
                              Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
                                Skinny dipping is fun especially with some one from the opposite sex. NEVER DO THAT IF YOU SEE TURTLES!!!!!!
                                Or water snakes...

Comment

Working...
                                X