Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    This position is a far cry from managing an aircraft inspection facillity. that job was fun and high stress/face paced and I had a great crew but I had been doing it so long it was time for a change, it was no longer a challenege. Plus the leadership in that squadron was awful. This unit wanted me, hired me befoe even metting me based on input from my old boss and my records.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Sounds like a great start. As a retired Federal worker I saw the work flow ebb and flow on a sort of natural cycle. I eventually learned to enjoy the slow times - sort of catch my breath - then enjoy the crazy times as well.

Carry on my wayward son........

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    The French will pull the plug on you at 37 hours - mid keystroke in a "critical situation". It's the craziest deal. Some Canadian shops will do the same thing. Craziness.

Good luck with your new "Fast Paced" gig Joe. Having been in a real meat grinder job before, I laugh when I see ads for high pressure gigs here. It's a matter of perspective I suppose.

As long as your new position doesn't include the phrase "Bent Over" , you'll figure out how to keep yourself busy if they can't. Nothing worse than spending 8 hours a day surfing the internet.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Cool....and B3M - the further south you get towards the Med, the longer the afternoon nap becomes.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Cool news!

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Good stuff Joe.........happy it's working out for you.

I'm spoiled......being a road warrior, traveling several states and working out of
    my house......only asshole I have to put up with is me.

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    congrats. and the new hours.

I remember working third shift flight line, maine. All air force materials were... nancy. I like your word for that. Just 6 months or so, Maine winter, young airman. I was 21 looking like an elderly person by the time that stint was done. The cold burned like fire. Good hours does a lot for people. France still stops at noon if I am not mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Sounds good........too bad the guys there are fiendly. Can't have it all I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Most excellent! 7:30? Half the morning is gone by then!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    started a topic Day 5 in the new position...

Day 5 in the new position...

Swapped work sections a week back, been here 5 days. Not sure what to think. I was led to believe that this was a high tempo positon. It is not. It is slow, but there is a lot of info to learn. The upside is the guys in this office are fiendly, like to joke around and are not a bunch of Nancy's. Also, I do not dread coming into work in the morning....yet. I do not have to get up at 0430 anymore, My shift startes at 730...its a little like heaven....anyway, to put it simply ..... so far so good.
Working...
X