As Cold As...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Cold As...

Well, like the guessers said yesterday, the wind this evening is blowing all the rest of the leaves off the trees, yeah, that'll do it in a region where the leaves usually hang around until about January.

And it'll be January here in the morning. EDIT: So much for global warming.
    Last edited by pdub; November 12, 2013, 04:39 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

All predicted. I am loving it. I first followed sun cycle, that is step one. The next one is to follow hurricane season history, with similar sun cycle pattern.. I found one. We are exactly on par for 1914. Coincidental to exactly 100 years ago. Simply cold, and when we expect a rain to come through, icing.. nasty freaking ice. I guess more snow than ice, as the global warming stuff is the difference this hundred years later. Warm ocean makes the snow.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Woke up to snow today. Got a feeling this may be a rough winter.

Comment

Yeah, it's extremely rare to see "highs" in the 30's here in the southeast in November. It's harder to deal with when it's been in the 60's the past few days.

Above all else, I played some flag football in this crap this evening. That wasn't a lot of fun.
        "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

Phitter , Being 30-35 miles below you, I'm afraid your right.
          Last edited by Dan Barlow; November 12, 2013, 06:56 PM.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Cold as my ex's heart
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
              Cold as my ex's heart
              I'll try - cold as a mackerel at the grocery store. No, that's wasn't a good try...it's colder than that...as cold as....well hell it's just plain cold when it's not supposed to be yet, not down here.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I recall cold in the south. Not sure why any surprises. Ice storms in texas, snow, etc. Short lived, but happens. A cool thing to do if you are really weather happy .. look at some stuff from archives.gov

Some schools had papers on farming, and there is actual farming reports. I found one, nothing but cartoons... weather sarcasms. Gov't warnings on extended cold etc.

cold as...

weather records older than us.

I like the changes for a given routine.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Cold as a witch's tit?

Comment

You can clean that up for mixed audiences with "Cold as a witch's heart". My Dad liked "Cold as a well digger's a$$". How he knew the temp of a well digger's backside I have no clue.

Dan

Comment

Not yet as cold as a witches' tit in a brass bra doing push-ups in the snow on the dark side of the moon.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

It's cold, but my ex's heart is colder.

I'm actually enjoying the chill here in SC, apparently it's snowing up in NJ now
                        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

85 calm as can be. Beautiful clear sky until late afternoon. Then we had high cloud cover. Expect more of the same tomorrow.

Comment

29 right now, supposed to be 79 on Sunday. We're in the run the heater and the A/C on the same day part of the year.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Really cold for New Orleans this morning, low 30's but starting a warming trend today back in the 70's by Saturday.
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                              X