My wife is getting serious about racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
    Great way to keep her from getting on your case about cars.
    I doubt she does much of that - seems like whenever he wants one to go, he turns it from pile of parts to driving in about a month. She's got a Dart too. I bet she's a car lady...

need more pics. That looks pretty clean and fairly stock? To me, that's the best kind... no wrench marks on things is awesome.

Bob Holmes should be all over this any minute now.
    Last edited by Beagle; November 13, 2013, 04:31 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Cool, Jim. Pretty sure that'll never happen for me but the little car looks like fun. I see the Miata as a modern MGB, except it's reliable and handles better.

Dan
      .... and isn't rusting
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It is pretty clean, and mostly stock, and not totally trashed like a few others we looked at. And it's not rusting, but then none of them are old enough to be rusting yet, in this climate.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

this guy drove his all over the usa. The 1.8 must be incredible on fuel.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

How often do you see a Miata that isn't red? Looks like a cool little car to me. More power to her.

Comment

my burning question is.. will Janet put up a project car page for it? We need more pics. grin. Fast Ed has it right about the consumables I think. Lighter car is just easier on everything.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

CSP in SCCA autocross or STR... I would stick to STR, street tires would make it easy on the wallet and be just as much fun... BFG RIVAL's... Some 6 UL wheels and a set of 225/45/15 should work well...

Comment

The hook has been set...

BWWWHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A better car for the purpose could not have been picked.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

She did a lot of research....which consisted of looking at half the field being Miatas, and a friend who's deeply involved saying "get a miata".

The trick was finding the azsolo web site, where you can find appropriate cars not too far away.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

It can be as low maintenance racing as it comes. Ours does 18 track days a year, frequently with two drivers a day, and all it needs is basic maintenance. Check the fluids, bleed the brakes and go beat the crap out of it.

Fantastic cars, you get to concentrate on learning how to drive, instead of constantly worrying when the car is going to break.
                      I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                      X