My wife is getting serious about racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife is getting serious about racing

My wife started autocross racing her Prowler a couple years ago. It's not quite the right car for that....so she decided to get a Miata. We found a 95 with 200k miles, in decent shape, for a couple grand. It has a few suspension parts on it already, and a roll bar. Came with a hardtop, and it's the special a/c and ps delete model (apparently rather rare). I got to drive it home from Tucson...it's fun, the little motor buzzes up to 7000, and it goes around corners.
    Attached Files
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Let the fun begin Jim.........can't wait to see your upgrades.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Spousal enthusiasm for automotive interests and tom-foolery is always a bonus.
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Lucky guy!

Comment

Perfect car for autocross ... nimble, easy and fun to drive, and doesn't go through the consumables (tires / brakes / fuel) at a scary rate. Enjoy !!!

cheers
          Ed
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

454 will kill the handling.... just sayin.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Cool, Jim. Pretty sure that'll never happen for me but the little car looks like fun. I see the Miata as a modern MGB, except it's reliable and handles better.

Dan

Comment

Wow, that's a slick looking ride. The fun part is, that's a girl car, but it's in its realm between the cones. To see a 250-pound guy in one of those smoke the field, that's fun watching him climb out of it. Dude, your car is embarrassing as hell, but you just won, fastest time of the day. But even better is watching a 90-pound woman smoke the field and seeing all of the muscle sports-car guys load up after the first run. Can't run with that, not between the cones.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Guess I'm comfortable enough with me to drive one and not think of it as a "girl's car"... but I never bought into that line of shit anyway. I took my driver's test in my MOM's Trans Am.

What's up with the roll bar Jim?
                  Last edited by Beagle; November 12, 2013, 06:17 PM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

It's also easy to stuff LSx engines in them!!
                    "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

This is her car....if she doesn't want to put a big motor in it, that's fine with me. I'm not gonna do it.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        This is her car....if she doesn't want to put a big motor in it, that's fine with me. I'm not gonna do it.
                        Smart man! Best way to stay married!

Comment

Jim I'm bound to be the last to say congrats for the ink in HRM. Matt showed it to me this weekend at Weeville, sitting right here beside the poolmtable, I hadn't looked at it because the font is too small for me to read. Way to GO man! That's super cool. Back on subject, the Miata thing is a big point of contention down here in the South. Yes, redneck territory. I for one would say if something outruns you on the autocross circuit, you just got beat on the "track," such as it is. It's for a sure a track and it is for sure competitive.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

upgrades everywhere. Bumping to a sharp 150-200hp is nearly insane for most anybody wanting to be normal driving it home after autocross. Very light car. Even motor trend had some shows on that one, all by itself.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Great way to keep her from getting on your case about cars.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X