Toe gauge recomendation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toe gauge recomendation.

My brother wants to know what I want for xmas. Since I have a caster/camber gauge and will be doing my own alignments on my 66 and experimenting, I was thinking a toe gauge would be nice. It'll certainly beat my two wooden rulers and bricks.

So any suggestions on one that won't break the bank and works well?
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

try this one :http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Toe-Gauge,241.html
    70 bucks with 8 dollar flat rate shipping
    Last edited by silver_bullet; November 12, 2013, 06:43 PM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

If they turn purple they'll hurt (see my safety tip thread). Black nails are worse and may indicate time to go to the doc. You'll KNOW if it's broken. Steel shoed toots are controversial. Hope this helps.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        If they turn purple they'll hurt (see my safety tip thread). Black nails are worse and may indicate time to go to the doc. You'll KNOW if it's broken. Steel shoed toots are controversial. Hope this helps.

Dan
        Dan, iffin your nail goes black.. Go to the feed store and get a big needle for coes and horses, no need for the syringe..
        Twirl it in one spot till the pressure's gone. INSTANT RELIEF! no pain too.. Stop when blood trickles out.. It'll be a tiny droplet but boy you will say WHEW!

Comment

I can save you a trip to the feed store (though that is an excellent suggestion DB!)

My General Practitioner Doctor did this one. Grabbed a paperclip, went to the waiting room and borrowed a cigarette lighter from a patient, heated the straightened paperclip, and "melted" a hole into the nail above the hematoma.

Just be ready for the spurt! Gets messy when that pressure relieves.

True story. And also the last time I went to the Dr for that ailment! I can do that at home!
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Tom -
            Sorry for stealing you thread for stupid toe jokes.

Does anyone else have any ACTUAL input?

Dan

Comment

Tom - is your caster / camber gauge something like this one?:

speedway seems to have the home alignment thing pretty well covered.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Tom - is your caster / camber gauge something like this one?:

speedway seems to have the home alignment thing pretty well covered.
                Similar. Mine is a rebadged Longeacre. See the angles on the end? They are at 20*. Draw a line on the floor parallel with the wheel then sight the gauge by eye to match the line on the floor and bingo you have your 20* needed to find caster. These are very easy to use...hell even I got it the first time! It'll pay for itself the first time.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Tom -
                  Sorry for stealing you thread for stupid toe jokes.

Does anyone else have any ACTUAL input?

Dan
                  A sorry about what Dan? I loved your answer. Especially at some one else's pain. Only kidding. That was one nasty job you did on yourself! That reminds me when I was a kid riding my mini bike at a good clip around my friend's house when I was about 14. My foot caught the bottom of a fence post, spun the bike around. All my toes and foot were swollen and black and blue. I could hardly walk. I think I broke a couple of toes. Even to this day one toe just feels like there's no bone or joint and flops around. I probably should have gone to the hospital looking back on it but I was afraid to tell my parents since they weren't keen on me having the bike in the first place. I thought they would take it away. Hope your foot is doing better.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Pretty much heeled (Oops - another foot joke. I can't help myself). It really wasn't all that bad, just dumb.

Dan

Comment

Pretty much heeled (Oops - another foot joke. I can't help myself). It really wasn't all that bad, just dumb.

Dan
                      you really put your foot in it this time, Dan
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                      X