69 Chevelle 4 speed conversion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 69 Chevelle 4 speed conversion question

I can see the 2 holes on the top of the frame rail where my bellcrank pivot mnt will go opposite where the ball screws into the side of the block above the oil filter. Anyone know if those 2 holes are threaded from the factory, or am I gonna have to bust out the bag o tricks? Thanks
    STUGOTS

They used self tappers at the factory.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

X2
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

That would make sense, thanks guys. Hopefully I can get in there with a tap without removing the inner fender
        STUGOTS

Comment

A couple years back I took out the C4 in my 66 Mustang and installed a Toploader 4 speed. One thing I did that made a nice difference was making my own clutch linkage with rod ends. I also installed sealed roller bearings on my pedal hanger. It works so smoothly!

Just sayn.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

If there isn't room for a tap, you can find a couple other screws that are stuck into the frame somewhere and run them out to see if they are self-tappers (with the notch cut out of the end where the threads start), and if they are pull 'em out and run them into those holes you need...they'll work twice. Then put regular stuff like from fenders etc. into where you took the others out of.

Comment

Good idea. Probly will be the same that hold brake line brkts/junctions to the front frame rails. Thanks
              Originally posted by Loren View Post
              If there isn't room for a tap, you can find a couple other screws that are stuck into the frame somewhere and run them out to see if they are self-tappers (with the notch cut out of the end where the threads start), and if they are pull 'em out and run them into those holes you need...they'll work twice. Then put regular stuff like from fenders etc. into where you took the others out of.
              STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
              X