Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ozark Mountain Daredevils . . . Where's the Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozark Mountain Daredevils . . . Where's the Love?

Dadgum, the whole "climate change" thread and all of the pithy comments about CO2 generating activities just disappeared . . .

. . . . and the incredible live video of the OZARK MOUNTAIN DAREDEVILS . . .

WHO KNEW BRUAB AND MINI-ZZ AREN'T DOWN WITH OMD?

(It couldn't be anything else, could it?)

mountains. this song has mountain in it. Way better.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

We should just make this the SOUTHERN ROCK THREAD . . .

Green Grass and High Tides . . . Yes, Virginia, it's TWENTY MINUTES of pure ROCKIN' GOLD!

Comment

" . . . The Outlaws down in Tampa town . . . it's a mighty fine place to be . . . they got Green Grass and Got High Tides and it sure looks good to me . . . ."

Comment

man, I suddenly have a mental picture of a mullet laden Speedy rolling a dookie brown '72 Mustang Grande with a black vinyl top and white firestick cb antenna, blaring Molly Hatchet out the Jensen's on his way to the Tastee Freeze. It must be 1978 or so because he's just popped in to the Gulf station, orders 2.00 worth of premium and more air for the Gabriel Skyjackers and Mickey N-50's on American 15x10's. Pull the hoodpins and pop the hood for that gleaming Super Shops chrome on a Heddman headered and Holley fed 351c.

I feel damaged somehow... and oddly nostalgic. I miss being a rebel. Maybe I should go back to work.
          Last edited by Beagle; November 16, 2013, 10:18 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            man, I suddenly have a mental picture of a mullet laden Speedy rolling a dookie brown '72 Mustang Grande with a black vinyl top and white firestick cb antenna, blaring Molly Hatchet on his way to the Tastee Freeze. It must be 1978 or so because he's just popped in to the Gulf station, orders 2.00 worth of premium and more air for the Gabriel Skyjackers and Mickey N-50's. Pull the hoodpins and pop the hood for that gleaming Super Shops chrome on a Heddman headered and Holley fed 351c.

I feel damaged somehow.
            Well, it was a pi$$-yellow '70 LeMans Sport with a '68 GTO 400 under the hood (with factory chrome and a QuadraBOG, BTW) . . . and I had a voluminous Glam Rock perm instead of a mullet . . . but the rest of it is fairly accurate.

I sure miss Tastee Freeze.

'70s trivia: "Green Grass and High Tides" on the 8-Track version of "Bring 'Em Back Alive" (1978 ) is so long that there's a track change in the middle of it . . . Song sounds kind of funny without the "click click" in the middle of the rockin' jam . . .
            Last edited by 38P; November 16, 2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
              Well, it was a pi$$-yellow '70 LeMans Sport with a '68 GTO 400 under the hood (with factory chrome and a QuadraBOG, BTW) . . . and I had a voluminous Glam Rock perm instead of a mullet . . . but the rest of it is fairly accurate.

I sure miss Tastee Freeze.

'70s trivia: "Green Grass and High Tides" on the 8-Track version of "Bring 'Em Back Alive" (1978 ) is so long that there's a track change in the middle of it . . . Song sounds kind of funny without the "click click" in the middle of the rockin' jam . . .
              In '80 I had a super tuner version of the Pioneer 8 track, and match books to make the things track right. It's kind of weird driving down two lanes with barbed wire fences for miles with no tape strewn all over them. I still make Keerrr click noises sometimes when I can't get a thought to transfer, like when the mechanism would get stuck changing tracks.

this is a lot easier to talk about than global warming. Back then my biggest concerns were if I had enough long necks saved to buy a case of beer when we were broke and whether or not we had enough cigarettes.
              Last edited by Beagle; November 16, 2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Should have gone with the original as I did . . . Muntz Learjet Stereo-8 (http://www.williamplear.com/8track_3.html http://www.recording-history.org/HTML/8track4.php) . . . no match books necessary.

That ad is for an earlier model of the FM-Stereo-8 unit. Mine has the added Muntz Learjet branding. (It's under the dash in my old '67 Falcon)
                Last edited by 38P; November 16, 2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

.5% wow and flutter .... thank god for headers!

Comment

Curiously, 13131 Lyndon Avenue, Detroit appears to be a residential neighborhood now . . . .

(Anybody else google-up satellite photos for the addresses in old speed equipment ads?)

Comment

Kenny shoes for 20 years, then a Super Shops for like 10 or so, then an antique mall, now a NAPA.

Mac's is an indo-pak restaurant, they probably had to do a biohazard supersite cleanup on that one. I think P&R automotive and machine is still there, and Wiley's is a dog spa.

The shop I worked at in Wylie at 544 and 78 is now buried under a CVS, the extruding shop across the street and the fields everywhere have been replaced by Stripmall USA=officemax, lowesDepot, Target, Dicks sporting goods, just like any other "normalized" new town.
                      Last edited by Beagle; November 16, 2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

If one lives long enough, nearly everything familiar from one's youth in most towns will be gone, or rendered unrecognizable by "progress." Take lots of pictures.

Comment

This song better fits the last post, but it's not Southern Rock . . . .

Comment

is there a song for I'm too stoopid to keep a die grinder out of stock heads, I don't want to buy horsepower, I want to make it?

Vesuvius may blow again - forget LA Smog being a contributor at that point!

oh - sorry for the siamesed intake powered things. ha. not really. The dub up in the air at 1:33 is pretty cool.
                            Last edited by Beagle; November 25, 2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                              X