Nearing the Finish Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearing the Finish Line

Around 1:45 Central tomorrow I'll start my final oral exit exam for my Master's. Instead of a thesis defense (I'm non-thesis), I will be answering questions from my committee about my studies, which I've been told can be from any class I've taken in my major. Essentially, there's 8 years of material that could be covered. Just keep me in your thoughts because I'm freaked the hell out.
    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

I would say take a deep breathe, but I am afraid you might throw up.

Relax and you will do fine.
    Last edited by Scott Liggett; November 14, 2013, 07:35 PM.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

you are in our thoughts and prayers... best advise I ever got was from an instructor in the service..."your first instinctive answer is usually the right one...don't use ten words when five will do"... you will do fine!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

2nd guesses sink me every time..

Ohmmmm. Ohmmmm repeat... Deep breaths!

Comment

Good luck. I failed one of my written ones and had to take it again. Kept me from graduating with my class. Kind of neat though because I graduated with my wife. Boy did we party.

Comment

Good luck!!! You're a bright lady and I'm sure all will go well.

Dan

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't know why I'm so nervous, but man I could use a drink right now...
              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

just hope you never hear this from the committee

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Praying you up, Haley.... knock em dead (then mark "A"s over their dead bodies)
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                    Thanks guys. I don't know why I'm so nervous, but man I could use a drink right now...
                    Afterwards, dearie, afterwards there will be plenty of time for drinking!

Comment

Hallelujah, I passed! There was a point where I was ready to cry because one prof kept asking the most obscure, test-like questions that I just couldn't get my brain to figure out, but they all ended up signing off on everything. Now I just have to turn in a few homework assignments, a paper, and a presentation and I'm done!

Comment

Whoo Hoo!, really! Was there any doubt? We all knew you'd make it...
                        There is always ONE...
                        This case professor..
                        Usually ONE SLOW CAR in the fast lane!

Comment

congrats! we all knew you had it in you! I hope our advice was of some use...
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Good job Haley - way to go.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

excellent!
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X