Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lambrehct auction .. Buyers remorse ?? haha ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambrehct auction .. Buyers remorse ?? haha ..

I'm surprised more didn't wake up after the auction and bail out ...

The bidder from New York who bought 14 cars at the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction in Pierce defaulted on the deal, claiming a truck driver disappeared with his money.
    One Nebraska buyer apparently died. Another lied. And a woman from Illinois simply vanished.
    The result: Bidders who left the $2.8 million auction in late September with empty trailers have 18 more chances to own a piece of the now-famous car collection.
    For the next nine days, auctioneer Yvette VanDerBrink will accept online bids on 18 Lambrecht leftovers — including a ’49 Chevy pickup, ’57 Chevy wagon, seven Impalas and a Corvair with 1.7 miles — that bidders backed out on after the nationally televised auction.
    “I think it’s buyer’s remorse,” VanDerBrink said Thursday as bidding began. “These people wasted my time and the family’s time. You can’t do that. I’ve never had this happen.”
    More than 10,000 bidders registered to bid onsite — and online — for the nearly 500 classic cars collected by Ray Lambrecht, who ran Pierce’s Chevrolet dealership for 50 years. The three-day event drew more than 30,000 people to the town of 1,700 near Norfolk. Bidders flew in from several countries. The History Channel gave it three hours of prime time.
    The stars of the show — the handful of classics stored indoors and still considered brand new — generated bids in the high five figures. A 1958 Cameo pickup with a mile on the odometer sold for the most: $140,000.
    The cars VanDerBrink put back on the auction block this week spent most of their years fading in Lambrecht’s farm field, and their original bids reflect that.
    The 1973 Malibu sold for $600, the 1947 Chevy Fleetmaster sold for $650, the 1967 Ford Galaxie sold for $1,800 and the ’57 Wagon sold for $7,500.
    But then they didn’t sell. The New Yorker with 14 winning online bids told VanDerBrink he gave a truck driver cash to pay for and pick up his purchases — and then the driver pocketed it.
    She never did reach the woman from Illinois.
    “We got a voice mail all the time. We tried and tried, but no response.”
    She was told a Nebraskan died after posting his winning bid. Another Nebraskan fed her excuse after excuse.
    “I heard every story and finally it came down to me saying: ‘You’re playing me.’ And he said: ‘You got me.’”
    sigpic

the second chance auction link.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Looks like several got caught up in the moment........then bailed.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

OR ...

Where there shills and got caught in some cases .. hmmmm ??

Seriously , i know the area, where in thee hell did they find people to pay the prices they did on this junk ??
        sigpic

Comment

a car dealer got stiffed.... looking for a microgiveashit..... searching..... searching......
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I don't care how few miles are on the odometer, it's still an old car that has been sitting in a field for several decades. Not worth a fortune to me in that condition. JMO YMMV
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              a car dealer got stiffed.... looking for a microgiveashit..... searching..... searching......
              I'll let you know if I find one, I'll split it with you...

they placed a bid, then found out they over payed for a rusted POS...then bailed...it happens.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

the 73 malibu would make a nice nascar clone
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

There was a brown 74 Monte with a 454. THe car didnt run and had around 40k on it a 5,000 car at best due to low mileage and big block. Sold for 15 g's very bad purchase. Id have sold him mine for 15 g's and he could have drove it away and anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X