• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski Season

Nov. 22

That is all

Doing it all wrong since 1966

A resort in these parts opened up last night. I'm not made for sliding down a hill on a pair of 2x4s so it does nothing for me.
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

I look forward to Nov. 22 every year, but not for that reason. We did buy season ski passes this year though.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

For me that's the entertainment provided in Hell. Unless it's water skiing. Then I want 80* water and 85* air. But it's been years since I water skied.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          For me that's the entertainment provided in Hell. Unless it's water skiing. Then I want 80* water and 85* air. But it's been years since I water skied.

Dan
          Upon information and belief, hell is too warm for snow..... waterskiing, OTOH, would do okay.... but as it's hell, the temps will be perfect, the water will be glass, and the boat won't run. (Which, strangely enough, is a perfect description of several family trips to Trinity Lake - near Shasta Lake - California)
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 15, 2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
            A resort in these parts opened up last night. I'm not made for sliding down a hill on a pair of 2x4s so it does nothing for me.
            I was the opposite, headed for hockey in a hockey town in Massachusetts. A cousin was in a pro league. I got banged up pretty good, and learned skiing is quite ok for bad ankles, or a heel, or foot etc. A way to lock in and still have fun. I have yet to try it.. hills all over the place here.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I am in my first season back working for a ski company. (took a ten year hiatus from paid stuff but always had my fingers in) Really looking forward to on-snows. I regurgitate the boot pitch in my sleep.

Didn't know there were others on here afflicted with the ski/snowboard thing.

Steve
              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

I never thought skiing looked like fun to me. I don't like cold anything outdoors. But it's GOT to be fun to do if you do it. Which leads me to a thought I had yesterday...

The parking lot at work. You let it get good and cold and the motorcycles disappear.

But in Canada, those guys are WAITING for the lake to freeze so they can go out on the snowmobiles. Different strokes for different folks for sure.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

...and I just got news - the resort is opening today (we got a huge dump in the mountains last night)

so let's see.... tomorrow.
                  1) I can race my car at Pacific Raceways
                  2) I could go four wheeling to a ghost town on a road that's not open to the public
                  3) I could go skiing

God does love me, even if no one else does

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

God does love me, even if no one else does
                    Are you sure about that?
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I still get the crazy urge to drive across the country to Colorado this time of the year, it drives my wife crazy.
                      Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        Are you sure about that?
                        which part?

Comment

Working...
                        X