Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder how hard this would be to title and skid/crate-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder how hard this would be to title and skid/crate-up?

Distance distance distance.......and it doesn't roll.

Wonder how hard it would be to procure an Arizona title to go with it?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Bonded title...will be a PITA if youre out of state..
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

What if the buyer were in state, then sold it to me after title was procured?

Comment

I already have one in my yard.....
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          What if the buyer were in state, then sold it to me after title was procured?
          probably be a little easier then...Buyer would need a trailer. the vehicle must be inspected..if there are no ID numbers and no frame it might be difficult. What are the laws regarding "custom" builds out your way.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Ohio considers custom builds "Self-assembled vehicle" or simply "Assembled vehicle". One keeps all receipts and submits the completed vehicle and the receipts to the Highway Patrol for inspection. This is not a safety inspection, they are looking for stolen parts mainly.

IF (notice the IF) they decide to, they give you a paper with their approval and an assessment of the value of sales tax paid (or not paid) and then the BMV is supposed to issue a title from there. The Patrol also attaches a VIN # that is state issued.

Sounds fairly ok, right? Here's "the rest of the story".

Guess how the insurance companies look at their charts and graphs when determining whether to issue a policy on a self-assembled vehicle. They don't really have any huge data pool on safety statistics for these vehicles, so they usually decline offering coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              I already have one in my yard.....
              Oh really?

Comment

early 50s military, bare tub and bare frame.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

One of these might be a better choice. Not much good for rutting, but something BangShifty like a Bracket "Car" or a Street Racer.

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I'm a little confused as to how spending $1700 more for a plastic copy of the same parts is somehow better?
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

Didn't look at the ad. It's $500 and needs a bit of work anyway. Surprised some aspiring Gas Monkey hasn't snapped it up yet. Az tin is usually pretty pricey.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        .... Az tin is usually pretty pricey.
                        not if you look in the right places
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

$200 will let you haul off what I have....
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Roadtrip!
                            Get outa the snow...
                            Family trip ,

Comment

title isn't an issue.... you're close enough to Georgia to get the right paperwork to title it in Ohio.... last I heard it was $175 to get the paperwork

as for shipping, I bet it'd cost $500 to crate and transport.....

I like the early willys and have owned a couple - but never made them run; I bought them cheap (like $100 cheap), and people would come through my life who just couldn't live another minute without it.... the lowest price I sold one for was 1200, the other, I almost feel guilty for how much I got almost
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 15, 2013, 05:51 PM.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X