What to Eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Eat?

Unit and I take turns going out for supplies. Today it was my turn.

I went to the top end store. They just have better everything. How can you get better steaks at one place versus another? They have better steaks. By far.

How can you raise cows different? Somehow this store has better steaks. They sell better dead cow meat. Melt in your mouth better.

So I brought home a more better ribeye. Straight from the butcher counter. We can split it. If we get two, we can't each eat a whole one per each. We'll just split one, that always works.

After thought and consideration, we went with grilled cheese sandwiches. I've been wanting a grilled cheese sandwich for a week, a craving.

The special store has the same cheese as the other stores, it's just cheese. But it costs more, probably.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

meats. I don't even look for super markets.. It has been several years since buying meat there.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Once the kids have grown into adults we may be able to afford steaks again. My almost nine year old eats as much or more than I do. Funny how I now understand things my dad said thirty-five years ago.

Around here there is a "company" where guys sell meat out of deep freezers mounted in full-size trucks...not something I'm comfortable with buying.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Yeah I always send those guys away. I want someone who's future depends on a good reputation with the community and can't simply drive to a different part of the county once they've worn out their welcome in one neighborhood. I really like them cooked for me too. I like Longhorn Steak House. There are better places but they give me a good bang for my buck. And it isn't noisy while I'm trying to slowly eat my steak.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

The cardiologist has STRONGLY warned me off cheese and away from fats in general so I rarely (I know, a little joke there) eat steak. When I do I have it brought to my table with nice sides. Barely cooked, thank you. Not interested in what I call gristle steak, like at the Golden Corral.

We have a great burger place here in town. They serve 80% lean beef (when I buy my own I get the 93% stuff) and it's grilled so most of the fat drips thru and leaves my burger. Again, it's a special treat but once in a while it's OK.

Dan

Comment

There are about 20 grades of beef and the prices reflect that. They are top shelf, 5 five star restaurant to two days away from not for human consumption. Aged, corn fed, Black Angus was always the best in the middle of the country. Since those animals live across the street and I can hear them moo-ing when outside, that kind of beef is much cheaper here. The same meal in LA would be $60 before you got a potato or a drink.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Place called Painted Hills up in NE OR.. Local place sells their meat.. Boy is it ever red.. Different hue than supermarkets
              Alot like my grass fed beef hamburger in 7%, 15% and 20% fat.. I like the 7%.. less flareups and no burnt grease smell..
              If I buy, it will be halfbeef split between my daughter and I..
              There is a meat market that sels local stuff butchered locally..
              Might try them, but I am trying to go vegtarian again..

Comment

Vegetarian is an Indian word that means "can't hunt."
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I can't hobble far nor fast... Thus no hunt!
                  Love to shoot!

Comment

Working...
                  X