Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
    I dunno which way south is.
    When at the North Pole, south is the only direction.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

The direction that when you travel that way it gets warmer. And people talk different - um - wait - you're from Maine where EVERYBODY talks different.

Dan

Comment

Follow the sun untill you need short pants...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          There was a show on H2 last night called, "You Don't Know Dixie." Even being from down here, it was nearly fascinating - I watched the whole thing. Somebody (probably some Yankeefied Californian) did a great job on that. The study of the local dialects (and there are many), the history, that was a good show.

See it if you can, curious citizens of the Otherworld.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Sometimes them damn Yankees are sorta cute. (Notice I claiming to be from Dixie though no REAL Southerner will let me get away with that).

Barbecue and accents vary all over the Southland. Did I tell you I figured out how many recipies (sp? why can't I get spell check to work on here?) there are for hush puppies? It's exactly equal to the number of people who make hush puppies.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              hush puppies.

Dan
              Dan, those used to be comfortable soft shoes. Hush Puppies. Don't know if they still exist. Maybe they do.

But they stole their name from a complicated Southern dish. I've got the secret recipe here. Fried corn meal. That's all it is.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Some of them are almost corn bread, some are oniony, some are almost like donuts, some are........... As many recipies as cooks, like I was sayin'. At least around here.

Hush Puppy shoes were made by Wolverine Shoe in Big Rapids, MI. I don't know if they're still made but I'm pretty sure the factory is closed - they might be made overseas though. I went to school (my limited college career) in Big Rapids.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  great idea. You sound like dad. He has been trucking forever. My family has no traits of the location. dialect, ways of life.. very melting pot. We all almost ended up in texas, late 1970s. I still wonder what or where things would be. He is still trucking, sons in the suffix of the business name. On a more serious note, my brother father and I come tolife somewhere south of new jersey, a peculiar lung. We still blame our little Italian grandma for the Mediterranean oddity. This gets serious to me, as when my dad passes on, I know it is the lung. I am ready to go now, and mention it to him all the time.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                  X